• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just try it on the WD Black and see how it performs.
If it's too long of a load for you, grab an 850 EVO and call it a day.

currently have GTA V installed on WD Black, waiting for my new GPU to come to play it along with FC4, my question, would WD Black be good enough or should i invest in a Hybrid or a proper SSD? if difference is around 1 min than i can live with it but if the difference is (load time for instance) between both is 2-3 mins than i might think of investing in SSD/Hybrid

Get this man his 10 year badge... :clap:

GTA V and the Shogun 2 Total War games have the longest load times of any in my library. And they benefit greatly from SSDs. Shogun 2 especially as I've had HDDs before and also play with my dad who went from HDD to SDD last week. No more waiting for him to join.

I run it off of an older WD , the initial launch of the game is kind of slow but I just start it up and finish prepping for my game session. The rest of the game is fine a few spots loading new scenes. What I'm saying is I wouldn't spend the $100 just to save a few minutes spread over a few hours. SSDs are a decent upgrade , don't get me wrong. I just don't feel it's justified for a game.

Back