• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great temp on GPU, hot CPU :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am surprised though. My overclock is only offset +0.075v. That's minimal offset.... I don't think it even hits 1.35v. Seems high to me with that voltage.

Would delidding help?

Why is EK evo hot? Should I go with monoblock?

Did I miss you reporting what your CPU load temperature was on P95 26.6?

The Watercool MO-RA3 is a great radiator but it is not the cure all to water cooling as impressive as it looks it has it's limitations, it is the equivalent combined TDP of 3 Low FPI 50mm core 360 rads.

#36.JPG #38.JPG

You'll get better results going with a 2nd loop and isolating the GPU TDP from the CPU TDP.

I am running an MO-RA3 with 4 180mm cooling fans to cool the GPU alone it's load temperature is never over 32c at a 23c ambient.

I would caution against delidding as a totally last option, simply because there are some that have delidded and got no better results after the fact, and some that got fantastic results so there are no 100% guaranteed performance gains from delidding, but you are guaranteed to loose your CPUs warranty.

If 100% of those that delidded showed a performance increase then I would have long ago delidded my 3770K, but that is not the case so I seriously suggest you do your own research into it.

Using an offset voltage instead of a fixed voltage can affect your CPU temperature as well because you're not taking full control over the voltage to the CPU.

Back