• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX470 and GTX480 Clocks ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So far fermi has two of four, late and difficult.
I don't see how 3.whatever billion transistors could fail to be hot, when you consider it's the same 40nm as the 5870. If i remember correctly the 5870 is ~2billion and runs in the 210 watt range, assuming nvidia and ati are counting transistors in roughly the same way, the fermi's 3.something billion would be ~300w.
I have no idea whether they count transistors the same way though.

My suspicion is that it's going to be like the 5970, not really that great at stock (downclocked) clocks so it fits into the ATX design rules, but very very easily overclockable to quite good clock speeds and performance.
That makes way more sense to me then releasing something that fails ATX standards, if it doesn't fit the standards the high end box-o-comp people (alienware/etc) aren't going to want to touch it. They (alienware) would be happy to ship it with a warranty voiding overclocking program though i'm sure :D

Have any gpus actually lived up to their hype?

There are probably markings or interesting things on the connectors that would identify that specific card.
If the card is ID'd be nvidia, the guy the card was sent to gets sued for violating the NDA, and never gets another nvidia card, or likely anything else either.
Hence the heatspreader ID numbers being blacked out.

nice :) I am sure someone can work out the length of the card from these pictures. I am hoping someone can calculate it for me. I just can't remember the length of a pcie slot to work from :(

thanks in advance if someone does :)

look at the size of the memory chips, find the same part number on another card.. use mspaint to copy and paste them across the card to get the size or close to it

*edit*
i cant read the memory chips but i can read the voltage regulators, they are

121F

you could even use the 8 pin power connector

just used the 8 pin power connector i was able to fix about 14 of them across the PCB, so the next question is how long is a 8 pin power connector ?

here are some shots that are suppose to be the gtx 470, there are a few more pics at the 2nd source if you care to look

Sources
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-fermi-gf100-gtx-470,9776.html
http://translate.google.com/transla...p://www.expreview.com/9714.html&sl=auto&tl=en

GTX470_2.jpg

GTX470_01.jpg

GTX470_08.jpg

more pics of possible? box art
Source
http://translate.google.com/transla...70_480_i_ih_roznichnih_upakovok&sl=auto&tl=en

165237.jpg
165238.jpg
165239.jpg

Last edited:
Interestingly, that second card has two six pin PCIe power connectors.

its interesting that wiht all the pics of box art, none of them show the side we want to see.. the one wiht clocks on it :p

That fan looks a little on the small side... doesn't that mean it's going to be loud as hell? I mean, the fan on my 4870 is bigger, and it has to be rather loud to keep the temps down...

Hmmm...either someone made a typo or there is some photochopping going on.

The front of the GTX470 box says 1280MB GDDR5, but the side of the box says 1536MB GDDR5. If it has 1280MB of GDDR5 then I would guess that the bit width has also been reduced from 384-bit to 320-bit.

384-bit x 4 = 1536MB
320-bit x 4 = 1280MB

interesting point Jason4207, i dont think its photochopped, but i am not the best at spotting these things.

i looked around i couldnt find any wiht pcie, not to mention that your gpu would be more powerfull then your cpu on that type of board :p

Heh, did they even make an Athlon XP mobo with a PCI-e slot on it? I thought they were all AGP.

You know... Nvidia has never been very good at the editing piece.... Look at there next gen. Driver Discription....... LMAO.

"New in Version 196.75

Adds support for Next Generation ION.
Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340."

GT 300 series.... FTW??

LOL.... sometimes I think someone over there gets to cut and paste happy.

Back