• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

h100 worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackersabbath

I am thinking about picking up an h100 and I'm curious if owners think it's worth it. I want to try for 4Ghz on my cpu but temps aren't allowing it. I will need a new case too if I can get a solid recommendation for under 100USD. Thanks in advance

I just bought one a week ago.....had Asetek 550 LC and dropped my temps a solid 10C....
TO be fair i upgraded my case also but the case appears to have helped my GPU's more dropped those temps 16C..

what are you running now?

I'm running a CM 212+ in an Antec 300 case. I only really get good load temps when it is freezing in the room and I'm thinking being under the h100 will help tremendously. I don't think I can mount it in the Antec 300 without some serious modding and I would rather just buy a new case and get some better cable management as well. So, I'm also looking for a sub-100 dollar case

Unless your ambient temp is high or you have bad case airflow, you should be able to do 4Ghz on that CPU.
What voltage does it need for 4Ghz?

EDIT: You should be able to do 4Ghz on that cpu with the CM 212+

Anything over 3.6Ghz gives me too high of temps at load, close to 60c. I would like to believe that I have good airflow in the case as I have two Silverstone 120 high CFM fans in the front with two Ultra Kaze on the heatsink and one as exhaust along with the stock 140mm top exhaust fan from Antec. I've tried reseating the heatsink multiple times with no luck. Even with 1.4vcore, the temps are too high at load

Anything over 3.6Ghz gives me too high of temps at load, close to 60c. I would like to believe that I have good airflow in the case as I have two Silverstone 120 high CFM fans in the front with two Ultra Kaze on the heatsink and one as exhaust along with the stock 140mm top exhaust fan from Antec. I've tried reseating the heatsink multiple times with no luck. Even with 1.4vcore, the temps are too high at load

Ok.

The H100 will definitely allow you to OC to 4Ghz+ if you have a good OCing cpu.

Something less expensive would allow 4Ghz too I'm sure. I don't know much about what heatsinks are good enough, so I'll let somebody else recommend something :)
Although I know the H100 will for sure keep the temps low enough.

Id say its worth it. It is by far the best cooler I have ever used.

Tho from reading the forum here, it seems to be kind of hit and miss quality wise. The good thing about that is Corsair stands behind their products, so they would fix you up if you had an issue. I havent used a CM 212, think a TRUE, or a NH-D14 would be better then that? If so, then the H100 easily sucks up volts better then they did. If I had a little cpu like you guys had, Id run that biznatch at 5ghz+ if the chip was willing..

If you really want the goods, then replace those crap corsair fans with some 120x38mm finger maulers, and you have the next best thing to a custom loop :thup:

Id say its worth it. It is by far the best cooler I have ever used.

Tho from reading the forum here, it seems to be kind of hit and miss quality wise. The good thing about that is Corsair stands behind their products, so they would fix you up if you had an issue. I havent used a CM 212, think a TRUE, or a NH-D14 would be better then that? If so, then the H100 easily sucks up volts better then they did. If I had a little cpu like you guys had, Id run that biznatch at 5ghz+ if the chip was willing..

If you really want the goods, then replace those crap corsair fans with some 120x38mm finger maulers, and you have the next best thing to a custom loop :thup:

I'm planning on picking up another Ultra Kaze to go with my other three for a push/pull configuration on the h100 so I should be good for sure. Any case recommendations under $100?

well if this helps ive installed a h80 2night . god there good but abit loud . so i would say a 100h would be worth the money for the temps you will get .

I was in Fry's today picking up some fan leads and I stood there for about 20 mins looking at that cooler (h100) I currently have a CM 212EVO and I have been debating a custom loop but I am not sure about the high price of going that route. I have a 2500k @ 4.5 and it is fine with the EVO but I would like to push it further. Anyway. So I was looking at the box and when running on the i7 it lowers the temp about 10c which is pretty good. I didn't end up getting it but I am still debating it.

The only reason I might get it is Custom loop $500; h100 ~$100 (I do know that you get what you pay for)

My CM 912 HAF only supports a double radiator so that is an issue as well.

Last edited:
Im not sure if you are familiar with f@h, but I can give my hexa close to 1.5v and let it run loaded for weeks. Mind you with that voltage its not quiet.. But you get used to it :D

I just got thinking, my PSU is good for this right? The rest of my rig is in my signature, minus the fans
I would think that a 650 watt should be be fine with you setup the only thing that is powered on the cooler is the fans and they dont use that much power, plus you are runnung 1-2 fans on the 212 already (like you said) and those are no longer needed with it.

well if this helps ive installed a h80 2night . god there good but abit loud . so i would say a 100h would be worth the money for the temps you will get .

LOL i really dont notice the H100 that much guess cause i have 2 delta's (150 CFM) rolling max, getting the pwm ones this week, willing to sell the two i currently have, a week old with about 8 hrs on them....

Go for it, the H100 will make a huge difference. If you're going push/pull, you'll need to buy 8 extra 6 x 32 threaded screws at a hardware store as the unit only comes with 8 screws for the included 25mm fans. Come to think of it, you might need to replace those too if you're going with 38mm fans. I think the screws I bought were 1 1/4" long for my 25mm fans.

Back