• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

h100 worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go for it, the H100 will make a huge difference. If you're going push/pull, you'll need to buy 8 extra 6 x 32 threaded screws at a hardware store as the unit only comes with 8 screws for the included 25mm fans. Come to think of it, you might need to replace those too if you're going with 38mm fans. I think the screws I bought were 1 1/4" long for my 25mm fans.

So, I'm probably looking at 8 6x32 screws at 1.5" long? and do I need nuts or are they included with the h100?

I think you should be good with 1.5" long screws. I think you'll need 16 though, as I don't think the 8 that come with the unit are long enough to install 38mm fans. 4 per fan, and the radiator is threaded to receive the screws so no nuts needed.

So, I'm probably looking at 8 6x32 screws at 1.5" long? and do I need nuts or are they included with the h100?

FYI you don't need to buy extra screws if you have fans already. I used the 8 that came with them in a diagnol pattern with 2 in each fan. Works fine for me

FYI you don't need to buy extra screws if you have fans already. I used the 8 that came with them in a diagnol pattern with 2 in each fan. Works fine for me

I'm going to be using 38mm thick fans. I'm actually thinking the length on the screws should be 1 5/8" ?

Thats all I did with mine, and Im useing thick fans.

Actually, I used the smallest screws that it came with, because I didnt want to lose the long ones lol. I would lose them...

Ok, I don't need to buy new screws to hold 38mm thick fans? The stock fans are 25mm thick...
I think I'm actually just going to remove the hard drive bays from my Antec 300 and mount the h100 in the front of the case. Shouldn't be too hard of a mod, just need a screwdriver and hammer to remove the rivets I think.

I just installed one this weekend and as is the norm with this h100 the fan controler failed after two days, fans run on high at all times.
please go to the corsair site go to forums and you will find that this is normal for the h100 to fail.
I think i will have to build my own fan controler for this crappy thing.

I don't mind the fans running at 100%. I have 3 of the Ultra Kaze in my rig now and they don't bother me or my girlfriend at all

I don't mind the fans running at 100%. I have 3 of the Ultra Kaze in my rig now and they don't bother me or my girlfriend at all

Lol, well the fans I have Id prefer to have the conroller working as at full bore, or even 50-60% they're still quite loud. The fans fans spin as low as the quiet setting so the lowest two settings sound exactly the same. When the controllers working they never move off the minimal settings which is still pushing 81CFM per fan anyway.

Mind you, I have noticed that sometimes when I turn the computer on the controller after initially going full bore and scalling back down then ramps back up to maybe 60% again which is just too loud. The only way for me to fix this is turn the computer off, then turn the power off at the wall for 10 seconds or so. Turn everything back on and everythings back to normal.

Wow, I read the first few posts. Went down to reply; and you've already beat me to what I was going to suggest. Lol.

I was going to say get a Fractal Arc Midi with a H100. Fantastic case dude. Seriously. Then put the top exhaust fan on the front intake. 2 front intakes; make the H100 intake as well; keep rear as exhaust. Very positive pressure flow then. Though you might need some type of dust filter for the top.. :shrug:.

Erm.. 4 38mm fans.. Is a bit much. Lol. The H100 is a thin rad; you don't need that much :|.

the H100 from reading review is better then all air cooled coolers, and is not quite as good a a custome wc loop. I would check out the 400r case. it's a $100 and really sweet. I did a build for a friend with that case and really liked it.

The H100 would be able to do a push pull right on top of the corsair 400r case.
case- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008
Cooler- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181017

the 400R is going to be a much better case then the Antec 300.

those 2 would be a nice set up to really cool that cpu

I'm not buying a new case at this point guys, I just don't have the money right now. We are trying to move and we just found a new apartment. I'm going to be modding my Antec 300 to accommodate the h100. I think I just need to remove the hard drive bays and mount it there. I really like the look of the Arc Midi though and would go with that granted I had the funds. I still really like my Antec 300 and will get lots of mod practice on it soon

You should be happy with the H100. Easily the best performing cooler I've ever used.

Necro thread...but I just purchased an Arc Midi and the H100 due to how well they go together and the air cooling possibilities of the case. Can't wait until they come in.

it is not bad at all.

I published a test on the water cooling worth a while ago. if you are curious to see how it compares, go take a look.

with h100, you can clock up to 4.7Ghz, no problem on 3930k.

Back