• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H60 and FX-8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

troopa55

I have my trusty old H60 that I bought about a year ago currently cooling my FX6100 and it has worked really well. However, I heard that the FX-8350 that I am upgrading to in a few days runs significantly hotter. Would my H60 be up to the tasks of cooling this CPU at stock speeds?

I really want this build to last me 4 years and stability is a major concern, that is why I am choosing to not overclock and stay at stock speeds so the system lasts longer and remains the most stable it can possibly be under extremely heavy loads.

Do you think the H60 is capable of keeping the FX-8350 sitting at 25c - 28c when idling and less than 58c under extremely heavy loads that last over 12 hours at times?

The CPU is on the way and due to budget constraints I'd really love to just reuse my H60, especially since it has worked for me so well this last year. I don't believe I need anything more for my purpose and goals, but I'd love to hear from people with experience using the H60 with the 8350.

Back