• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED h8dmr-i2 wont post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
ok so i was messing around in windows was gonna try ntune, went to load the monitor program thing and computer locked up, was like meh il just reboot, went to reboot and now it wont do anything at all.
has
4 gb of ddr2 667 tried taking that out got the correct ammount of beeps
disconnected the hard drives nothing
nb heatsink seems really hot
the beep its giving me is normal but a second later it beeps again and the monitor light goes orange then back green
a couple times it tried to post but its doing absolutely nothing now im at a loss any ideas?:confused:

hmm after a number of reboots and a psu swap and clearing cmos it finally popped up with a invalid boot device for a split second and went away moved the hard drive sata's to different ports rebooted and bam worked. im gonna try to put them back and see if they are still fine
but the north or southbridge hs is still hot gonna grab up a thermalright hr-05 to slap on there i think just to be on the safe side, the hs is designed for a 1u server so more airflow across the fins in that situation. i put an 80mm fan on it for time being temps dropped about 15c just doing that.

Back in the olden days, Ntune scrambled a lot of bioses. Sometimes CmOs clear was enough to get going again and in the worst of situations, a new bios chip was the order of the day. Steered clear of Ntune to this day for those very reasons.

found out the problem guess the bios didnt like that monitor or the monitor didnt like the bios, hooked up another monitor and bam everything is great,
it would go all the way to windows and i could see that but nothing in the bios or loading screens, weird. had to get into bios to turn the fans off 100% was about to go insane

Back