• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have an ASUS M4A89TD or GTD? What memory do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

I would like to know what memory everyone has been able to get working on these motherboards. Mine is in the sig below and I would like to find some faster but I have seen some reviews of it being picky with memory. Thanks.

I have the M4A89GTD Pro with an 955BE C3. I use Kingston HyperX model# KHX1600C8D3T1K2/4GX(XMP) and so far it's been flawless.

Are you running them at stock or overclocked? I guess I should have put that in the op. :chair:

Right now they are running stock. I just put this system together yesterday, but I ran prime95 for 4 hours after build and the system is rock solid at stock speeds.
My Enzotech Extreme-x Rev. A would not fit with the Kingston HyperX cooler so I'm looking for a solution that will fit. After that I will OC.
As solid as it's been I'm not expecting and issues after OC.

I would like to know what memory everyone has been able to get working on these motherboards. Mine is in the sig below and I would like to find some faster but I have seen some reviews of it being picky with memory. Thanks.

I just built a system with a M4A89GTD and I have 4 gig of G. Skill Flare F3-14400cc7d4.. Just playing around and got it 3.2ghz pretty easy and stable. Haven't pushed it yet as Im still waiting for my cpu cooler to really start pushing it.

The 89TD, and GTD are the same exact board, except for the chipset. There really is no difference between BIOS, architecture, etc.

You may see a bit more flexibility with the 890FX than the 890GX. I have the GTD and it works great. Goes cold and all too.

got a problem

I have the M4A89GTD Pro with an 955BE C3. I use Kingston HyperX model# KHX1600C8D3T1K2/4GX(XMP) and so far it's been flawless.

i cant seem to get my corsair vengeance to run at 1600mhz i tried thishttp://goo.gl/hJt84
but it CPUz still says that im running on 800 mhz

and some other fancy shmancy things in bios but it just wont work

8zfqfq.png.jpg

:beer: cheers Max der Laks :beer:

Lets see...
Phenom II X2/X3/X4

Elpida Hyper (Anything 2000 7-7-7, 8-8-8, or 2200 8-8-8, 9-9-9)
I have gotten 1800 6-6-6 prime stable (limit of ram, but near CPU IMC limit), up to 1866 in SPi 32M.

Micron D9 (High voltage stuff, like early Crucial Ballistix, and 1800 7-7-7 1.9v etc)
I have gotten 1800 7-6-6., up to 1820 7-6-5 in 32M, ~1600 6-6-6 stable, did not test extensively

PSC, I have gotten 1800 6-9-6, 1880 in 32M

Phenom II X6:
Elpida Hyper
1800 6-6-6 prime stable (this is a limit of the ram, some ram goes higher, 1840 a target)

Micron D9: 1600 CL7 (X6 CPUs can not tolerate well above 1.8v)

PSC, 2040 7-10-7 prime95 stable, 2140 32M

All stable numbers are 4 hours + or otherwise noted...and they aren't otherwise noted.

EDIT lol, thread necro omg.
I like Dolk's post about them being the same despite obv visual differences, and being fine under cold too..boards not suited at all for LN2, earlier bioses coldbugged which chew* worked to sort, and when cold, throttle in everything but CPU-Z

Back