• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having serious issues with memory on x99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hi forum today I finished building my pc . everything is ok and running bone stock . but i have 2x8 modules of ddr4 memory .
gpu performance in games is crap . and shortly after i get a blue screen . the gpu isnt throttling and there are no power issues . I installed all drivers why is this happening

Moved to general hardware... this isn't about memory... quite yet????

Can you please elaborate on your issue? What games, settings, fps, etc are you getting? Have you tried to update and or rollback drivers? I assume you installed the chipset and ME drivers? What OS? What was the blue screen code?

Please volunteer some details...

Last edited:
Moved to general hardware... this isn't about memory.

Can you please elaborate on your issue? What games, settings, fps, etc are you getting? Have you tried to update and or rollback drivers? I assume you installed the chipset and ME drivers? What OS? What was the blue screen code?

Please volunteer some details...

Battle field 4 and unigine heaven . both running at gtx 580 performance . I updated drivers and the os is windows 7 . I am getting a cache error code .

I just got a different memory error code . changed the gpu to a different slot and the performance is normal . the only problem is the memory right now

What's the problem with the memory... the code please.........

Which slot was it in? Is it in now? Check the manual for where you are supposed to put it.

What's the problem with the memory... the code please.........
Its unstable . or so it seems . I switched off xmp because it was causing the cpu strap to go to 125 . as well as instability .

system service exception. the card was in the 2.0 slot . I am guessing that's why it was performing badly

I,ll run memtest86 and get back to you

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into 9 errors on the ending of the first round. I went back to bios and undercloxked the ram to 2000 mhz . I went down to 2 errors ... I am now trying 2133 but with 1.25v instead of 1.20

The CPU strap is supposed to go to 125 for that speed memory. Perhaps add a bit of System Agent voltage. Maybe .15 or something and see if that stabilizes things. Have you checked out any guides for overclocking? It would help you troubleshoot things if you know what voltages are for what, etc. ;)

http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/675...-spec-qfra-cpu-overclocking-guide/index3.html

I followed the guide and bumped the system agent voltage to 1.9 . the previous test failed with 58 errors. .
trying 1.35v with 2000 mhz now

I followed the guide and bumped the eventual voltage to 1.9 . the previous test failed with 58 errors. .
trying 1.35v with 2000 mhz now

Last edited by a moderator:
Please edit your posts instead of triple posting. :)

What guide said 1.9v of SA? Not the one I linked...
I would suggest staying under +0.3 to +0.4v on air,
That means 1.4 or under. 1.9 could destroy your chip...I suggested adding .15v.

Please edit your posts instead of triple posting. :)

What guide said 1.9v of SA? Not the one I linked... That means 1.4 or under. 1.9 could destroy your chip...I suggested adding .15v.

Sorry about the triple posting . I used 1.9 for the eventualvoltage . its 1.8 by default . i downclocked the memory to 2000 mhz and ran for a round and half . after that i got 2 errors .. why do i have to do downclock to get stable

Mike... you still with us mentally or you just doing your own thing?

If that is SA at 1.8/1.9 you will kill your chip. For the third time, please try .15 over STOCK and see if that helps.

done
i will try booting with 2133 mhz memory speed .
update : it doesnt work .. i have to be at 1866 to even run windows for 5 minutes

Attachments

• 1446387353490.jpg
    1446387353490.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Please use actual screenshots so we can read things, as was mentioned in many of your other threads.

Please use actual screenshots so we can read things, as was mentioned in many of your other threads.
you can do that on the bios screen ? .
my only issue is ram guys . just wanted to point that out . cpu is stock at the moment and I am only running into memory related crashes . symptoms are chrome tabs crashing and it starts to spread to more tabs and eventually i get a blue screen

Okay, try setting XMP settings for the and changing nothing else.

Back