• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones side noises

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

data1

Hi
I just got corsair HS50 pro stereo headphones but it has horrible side noises when trying to listen something. could it be broken, or can some setting fix it?

I have win 10

thanks!

This doesn't tell us a lot about the issue. Could you elaborate?

Well I tried watching soccer match but the stadium noises were really loud and couldn't really hear the commentator at all. I thought that was pretty weird. And when I tried to watch hockey highlights from youtube there's this noise with the games noises that sounds like transmission from outer space.
that type of thing, the sound is never clear.

Is it a fake surround mode that is enabled or Windows Sonic?

What's those? Edit: sonic is off

Make sure in the software (and in Windows) it's set to stereo and see.

it's two-channel 32bit 48000Hz (windows settings)

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver? Is any software for the headphones installed?

Just the windows troupleshooting thing, didn't help. I haven't installed any drivers

This may be a silly question but have you made sure the plug is in all the way and in the right hole?

yep, same hole than with previous headphones (which still works properly btw)

What's those?
Typically headphones come with some kind of software that has 'fake' surround modes.

Try reinstallin the audio drivers for your board.

Do these work in another PC?

Typically headphones come with some kind of software that has 'fake' surround modes.

Try reinstallin the audio drivers for your board.

Do these work in another PC?

havent yet tested with another PC but my old headphones work on this PC

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Just got it working by taking the cable split plug thing and used that to connect the headphones... I thought that was optional :)

We've all been there. Glad it worked out though. Now that you got it worked out give us some impressions of the headphones and surround sound capabilities please.

We've all been there. Glad it worked out though. Now that you got it worked out give us some impressions of the headphones and surround sound capabilities please.

I'm not sure what's the deal with surrounds.. I haven't enabled the MS sonic from the settings. very new to these things. But the sound is nice and I can hear the low sounds better than with previous headphones - disturbingly well :D

Back