• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello im new and need help oc amd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
glad I could help, my board at first did the same thing, it would up the voltage pretty high, but changing it manually drops the temps and makes everything better until you start to actually overclock stuff. by the way, don't start raising the voltage until the tests start failing, that way you can push it to the max at stock with the lowest voltage.

glad I could help, my board at first did the same thing, it would up the voltage pretty high, but changing it manually drops the temps and makes everything better until you start to actually overclock stuff. by the way, don't start raising the voltage until the tests start failing, that way you can push it to the max at stock with the lowest voltage.

but that would take up more time :D ill save perfecting it for a weekend. and if i raise the fsb will it make it any hotter without raising the voltage? and now that i oc it its time to try and unlock that 4th core xD

Last edited:
if i raise the fsb will it make it any hotter without raising the voltage? << It certainly can by some amount. Albeit generally minimal in amount of rise.

if i raise the fsb will it make it any hotter without raising the voltage? << It certainly can by some amount. Albeit generally minimal in amount of rise.

ya when i upped it to 3.45 it seem to heat up quicker. its reaching a max of 57c during my 20min stress tests unlike 56c before. i think im going to put it back to 3.4 like before.

edit: yup i had to its was to unstable at 1.4V so i put it back down.

Last edited:
You should read Dolk's Guide to the Phenom II = Very good place to get started and know about the overclock. It is realy well written for first time OC ;) keep your voltage standard at first try to raise ur bus speed if You cant change ur multiplyer dont worry about crashing few times things happen. when it does then try to increase ur voltage alldough heat wall on a standard fan will be quick ;) read the DolK's guide he is the top man ;)

ohhh and realy to finde a safe overclock You need to run the stress test for 1-2 h!!!
Peace

Also make sure you have ACC(Advanced Clock Calibration) or whatever your board terms for the core unlocking function disabled. I had my ACC function accidentally activated last time and it hit around 60 C after 2 minutes of stress test, with third party cpu cooler. hope this helps :) :p

Back