• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help a newb with memory overclock (Crucial Ballistix PC3200 on an Asus A8V Deluxe).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unfortunately, this was the only gripe with this board. If you want to try it, get a booster and use it at 2.9V. Should work fine < 3.1 V. I did some tests in my guide and faced no problems.

Mate, is that the max you can push your Venice to? Test 1,2,3 errors in Memtest are PSU related. Test's 5,7,8 could be CPU or Memory related. It is quite possible that you may need to tweak your timings, i.e tREF etc, further.

Super Nade said:
Unfortunately, this was the only gripe with this board. If you want to try it, get a booster and use it at 2.9V. Should work fine < 3.1 V. I did some tests in my guide and faced no problems.

Mate, is that the max you can push your Venice to? Test 1,2,3 errors in Memtest are PSU related. Test's 5,7,8 could be CPU or Memory related. It is quite possible that you may need to tweak your timings, i.e tREF etc, further.
No, I haven't found the limit of my Venice. I expect it would easily be able to reach 2700+ MHz with 1.60-1.65 Volts running through it. To me, the max clock is unimportant though. I want to run this new system at a "conservative" Vcore/clock setting. I would be more than happy with a 2600 MHz CPU speed and memory running 5:6 (217 MHz), and even happier with 2650 MHz and memory at 221 Mhz. However, the problem lies with getting my memory even to 217 MHz :(

I have memtest running today while I'm at work. I'm testing timings of 2.5-4-4-10 with the memory 1:1 at 220 MHz. If it takes timings as loose as this to reach 220, I wonder if it actually increases bandwidth. I guess I can run benchmarks to see which performs better. As far as the other memory timings, I have no clue what I'm doing.

Back