• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! ASUS a8r-mx/si

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

I just picked up this combo (130 dolalrs for mobo, CPU and Ram)

Unfortunately it appears this is one POS mobo

First off I went to asus to find downloads for it (like update the 14 month old bios). Mobo is not listed on the site at all.

the only way i found it was a google link. However the download links from the motherboard page are erroring out.

I think it needs a bios update because its reporting 1.49volts vcore.

Another thing is that it reports 256MB of memory (its running the inclued KVR 512MB PC3200) Is this because of the onboard video?

Last edited:
I've got one from the classifieds and was playing with it. Seems to run fine without any drivers. I have a 512 stick of Kingston value ram and a 3500+ running in it. As long as it is prime stable tomorrow when I check on it again then I'll give it to my 11yr old nephew.

Neur0mancer, PM me your email if you need drivers. I have a driver disc for this mobo. Looked in the box it came in and there was a manual and disc. Was checking it before I collasped it for recycling! DOOOOH!

Hey thanks Remove.

I have a driver disk too, im worried about the fact tat ASUS doesnt support its own mobo.

No bios update, and im still worried about hte 1.49 vcore

YES IM AWARE THIS THREAD IS OLD AS HELL, I JUST WANNA TALK ABOUT MY A8R-MX/SI

It's an ASUS a8r-mx/si and it's in the ASUS Vintage AH1. I use this board a lot! Running a GTX 260 overclocked to 750Mhz and it can run crysis warhead at 1920x1080 with everything on enthusiast! So it's not a bad board. I upgraded to the Vintage AH1 bios with AFUDOS Engineering Sample version and at first I was getting a ton of Clock Interrupt BSOD's in Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition with the 0303 bios. The Vintage AH1 Bios has OVERCLOCKING Options! You can ONLY adjust the FSB though :(. Can you adjust cpu voltage?????? which is awesome as hell since the stock bios are junk with nothing at all. So I was getting BSOD's off the hook. So I just now rolled back to the 0201 Vintage AH1 bios and it fixed the issue! I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with 2GB of dual channel ram and a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz @ 2.4Ghz and it kills every game I throw at it! It's my lan party rig I built for friends to game on. It runs every new game out at maxed out settings with the GTX 260 from 600Mhz to 750Mhz with bios volt mod and overclock and it runs super cool!

Your Lucky your seeing 1.49V!!!! I wish I had 1.49V you lucky *******! I'm getting 1.35V and it's not stable enough for heavy overclocking. So with that 1.49V you can take your CPU up to 250Mhz FSB and that's a hefty overclock!

Can someone help me find out how to volt mod the CPU vcore just like they did on the ASUS A8R-MVP? It's damn near the same board. I mean it's close and the Clock generator may be the same! So please help I wanna push to 2.6Ghz on this Athlon 64 X2 4200+!!!

LATER BROS

Last edited:
Back