• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help:Bad Flash: Can't boot with ARTEC DHM-G48!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jman999

I recently flashed my Artec DHM-G48 with Winmtk Flasher. Unfortunately I accidentally flashed it with the wrong firmware. Windows froze when the progress bar in Winmtk reached 100%.

I restarted my computer but it froze during POST while detecting IDE drives. My Artec DHM-G48 is set at slave with my NEC ND-2500A at master.

My comp. will only post if I unplug the IDE Cable. I downloaded the correct firmware for the ARTEC DHM-G48 but don't know how to flash since I can't post with the drive attached.

Is there anyway to fix this?!

Thanks, Jonathan.

EDIT:

My Specs are the following:
Mobo: Soltek SL-75MRN-L
CPU: Barton 2500 with stock HSF
Vid Card: Ati Radeon 9500 softmodded to Radeon 9700
HD: WD 120GB Special Editon 8 MB cache
RAM: 2X256 MB Corsair XMS modules
DVD-+RW: NEC-ND-2500A with latest Herrie's hacked firmware.

I really hope I didn't fry the drive. For now I am going replace the Artec drive with a spare Lite-on CD Burner that I have.

Last edited:
If you have another machine around, you could see if it will post with it connected. Not all boards are as sensitive when it comes to malfunctioning devices. But if you can't get any board to post with it plugged in, you're probably just screwed. :bang head

Interestingly Enough:

I replaced the Artec drive with a lite-on CD Burner as the secondary slave and in post it gives me a secondary slave fail error. When I go into bios it displays the NEC-ND-2500A as the secondary master, but displays a jumble of letters where the lite-on drive should be in the secondary.

EDIT: Problem solved, thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Back