• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help deciding on fittings/tubing and loop layout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jveneziano

Registered
Hey guys this is my first water cooling build. The motherboard and CPU are a little older but they work for me right now. The specs are

Corsair 900d
CPU-I7 2600k
Asus Maximus v formula
EVGA g2 750 watt PSU
16gb ddr3 2133 MHz ram
EVGA gtx 970

The water cooling parts are all EK and nickel plated. The rads in the top and base of the case are EK PE 480mm with only one set of fans. Setup in push for the bottom rad and pull for the top rad. My goal was to keep it quiet. But I'm kind of stuck now. I don't know if I should go hard tubing(PETG) or soft because I'm sure I'll be upgrading components sometime later this year. So I'm just looking for some help on deciding on the tubing and the fitting to go with it. And also some help to get the best routing.

IMG_4187.JPG IMG_4192.JPG

Nice case you got there.

I will add that you should use the fans at the bottom as pull instead of push because you'll be blowing that area against a filter which I feel won't exactly exhaust all that air. Just use the rear as your exhaust chamber since its wide open and unfiltered.

As for tubing, I would just stick with soft tubing and some angled fittings. If you want color, stick with colored tubing and LEDs.

Couldn't help but notice a HX1050 PSU in one of your images while you listed a G2 750w.

Nice case you got there.

I will add that you should use the fans at the bottom as pull instead of push because you'll be blowing that area against a filter which I feel won't exactly exhaust all that air. Just use the rear as your exhaust chamber since its wide open and unfiltered.

As for tubing, I would just stick with soft tubing and some angled fittings. If you want color, stick with colored tubing and LEDs.

Couldn't help but notice a HX1050 PSU in one of your images while you listed a G2 750w.

Thank you I have been trying to make it look nice and neat. And yes you are correct that was an older PSU. I was using to see how everything fit, I put the evga in yesterday my local microcenter had a super good deal on them and the cable mod cables. Do you recommend any particular tubing? I have read that some brands get cloudy faster then others, but I don't know how true that is. And as for coolant just stick with EKs clear coolant? I was going to use their blood red one but I would rather have less problems.

Primochill Advanced LRT tubing and the color of your choice if you choose to go that route.

As for fluids, EK's new CryoFeul fluid or AquaComputer's ultra is fine. Just figure out when they expire as I know AC's ultra is annual.

If you want to go color and since its all EK gear, by all means go ahead as it would still keep your EK gear within their warranty. Again, that is truly up to you as I steer away from all colored fluids for the reasons as already stated.

Back