• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help finding the right memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolnoi

Hi everybody, so I recently bought a I7 3770k with a maximus v gene and I don't know what kind of memory do I need. In a nearby future I will overclock the I7 to 4.6 (4.7 or 4.8 if I'm lucky) to get extra power for my works (by the way, the use of this pc is for 3D modeling/rendering/animation, some video/audio editing and photoshop).
I will get a 2x4gb kit, that for sure, but I don't know what kind of brand, frecuency, CAS, etc...is better for my things.

DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5V

G.SKILL and Corsair are probably the two most commonly used brands.

and what about the frecuency (1600) when I want to OC the cpu? will be necessary to change it?
Some people told me that 1866 will be the minimum that I should looking for 3d modeling/rendering,video editing, etc...and others said that 2133, or more, will be nice if I will be doing OC to the I7. It's kind of confussing.
Sorry if are too noob questions, but I'm a totally newborn in terms of OC right now :bday:

Back