• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED help getting a 955be to 4.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have gotten my 955 up to 4.4 stable, i have been tweaking, reading and testing to no avail, anybody got any ideas or thoughts?

here is my 4.4 screenshot

Attachments

• 955BE 4400.jpg
    955BE 4400.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Rgone, for some reason you seem to know me....
That was the next step in my plan, I am going to put the haf x on the slab, remove the crosshair and replace it with my old biostar 790 board. I will also revert to my "white box" (better sit down buddy) 450 watt powersupply to feed the board and cpu and use the 1050 ultra to run the cooling system.

can't is not a pretty word........

can't is not a pretty word........
He said Aren't not can't :p

Caddi how long did you Prime it at 4.4 the 17 min in the ss or have you pushed it longer? I'm just courious, I've gotten mine to 4.3 but after around 30 min of prime my #4 core always drops. What do you have your NB Freq at?

If there is room in the sig location put at least the model of the Biostar board. So we don't forget.

790 or 890 chipset?

it's a790.
I'll add it when i tear it down witch will be later in the week.
I have moved my race shop off the property and now my basement that WAS my domain has somehow been moved upstairs witch is HER domain so i am having to clean it all up.

Given the temperatures and voltage you're at, I think beepbeep is probably correct.
if your chip can take 60c you have a chance. Or if you get a better cooler.
No reason not to try, though.

my 4.4 temps and voltages the cpu and I are both good with.
to get beyond 5 minutes at 4.5 we are over 1.6 volts and the second it hits 75c it shuts down.
I have had very good luck with this biostar ta 790gx a3+ board and it is about to get a 955be stepping 2 cpu anyway. it's here, its unused, well abused (I have had plenty of other processors on it at one time or another ) so time to give it a good workout.

prime 95 longest was 12 hours.
cpu/nb 2000
ht link 2000

Thanks Caddi, I'm going to have to work on mine to see if I can get it higher.

As far as the words you posted in some cases they are good. Whenever I hear them I do what ever possible to prove they aren't correct. :)

Keep the posts coming I'd like to see how it goes and G/L

I thought you were going to start running her today sometime (Sun). However that does not seem in the deck. Hehehe. She got you roken an rollen I see.

RGone...ster. :chair:

I'm only allowed to pay for, own, maintain and repair everything. I have nothing to do with what is allowed,gos on in or around this place nor am I allowed to decorate this place.
I fear no man, but that little 110 pound thing scares me right out of my jumpsum life indeed!!!!!!!

another way to run 4.4 but, this is just all wrong as you can well tell.

i cant change my ram speed outside the bios.
I can save a little time(witch the little woman is seeing that i have little of) for minor voltage changes.

Attachments

• 955-4400-02.jpg
    955-4400-02.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
U mus be haben ebelepsy, since U forgetted howen tuh uz duh beos? Rat? Me thunken hit mat be sew.

RGone...ster.:chair:

PsumS: 4.5Ghz for a coupla hrs, is still 4.5Ghz even if your are suffering from a mental relapse. Hehehe. RGone...again.

I have been trying it on the crosshair and will continue to try it on this board till i get to the computer store this weekend. I have to pick up some 1333 mem sticks and (of course) an operating system. progress so far= zero, zilch, nada.

I'm not planning on benching, so what stock timings should i look for?

should i be looking at 1066 ram, that is the speed that these processors seem to perform best at?

Back