• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick a PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MitchV

I've got an old PIII 733Mhz box that is about to become a PDC and File Server for my home network. It's been running strong for some time with a 250W PSU that came with the case.... no-name brand. When I bought the case and put the box together I had never experienced a bad PSU -- I know better now.

Anyway, I've got a couple of HD's in this machine that I don't want to see fried, so I figure an investment in a decent PSU would be wise.

I've got 2 HDs, 2 Optical drives, 1 PCI NIC, 1 PCI USB2 card, and an AGP video card.

This is my pick, which is particularly attractive because I don't have to pay for shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-484&depa=1

If anyone else can think of a better PSU for my situation, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

p.s. I don't mind spending a few extra $$'s to purchase the same item from NewEgg.

Back