• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me with my cpu plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naser075

hi every1 gotta little problem. ireplaced my laptop cpu a pavilion zd7000 series notebook.
I use to have a 3.06 cpu in there and it died out baught a new one P4 3.06 533fsb/512k
and now when i right click on my computer ---- properties , in system properties under general it says:

genuine
intel ® CPU 3.06
1.6 ghz
512 mb of ram

My question is wy does it say 1.6 if I have a 3.06 it does not show on my brothers laptop.

I have updated the bios
Then iwent into bios to maybe change some settings in there but nothing can be changed and in the bios it alsoo says 1.6 for some reason

I talked to the person who sold me the CPU and he sent me a mail:

it's a mobile CPU, you have to set it to max performance in order for it to run at 3.06

can any1 help me out plz or knows how to set it's max performance...cause in bios i can't chnage anything it's like you can only change the date and time

I DID SOME TEST WITH EVEREST AND PRIME95 ALSOO IN POWER MANAGEMEN I HAVE SET IT TO MAX BATTERY.
IS THIS A WRONG CPU FOR MY LAPTOP OR WHAT IT IS A PAVILION ZD7000
HERE ARE THE RESULTS FROM EVEREST WHILE RUNNING PRIME95

this is what i got in the cpu test with everest while running prime 95

Field Value
CPU Properties
CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium 4
CPU Alias Northwood, A80532
Engineering Sample No
CPUID CPU Name Genuine Intel® CPU 3.06GHz
CPUID Revision 00000F29h

CPU Speed
CPU Clock 1597.13 MHz (original: 3066 MHz)
CPU Multiplier 12.0x
CPU FSB 132.93 MHz (original: 133 MHz)
Memory Bus 166.16 MHz

CPU Cache
L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions
L1 Data Cache 8 KB
L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID <DMI>
Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard Pavilion zd7000 (DM790A#ABA)

Chipset Properties
Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale i865PE
Memory Timings 2.5-3-3-7 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
PAT Enabled

SPD Memory Modules
DIMM1: Infineon 64D32020GDL6B 256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)
DIMM3: Hyundai HYMD232M646C6-J 256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)

BIOS Properties
System BIOS Date 10/14/04
Video BIOS Date 08/27/03
DMI BIOS Version F.35

Graphics Processor Properties
Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600 (HP)
GPU Code Name NV31M (AGP 8x 10DE / 031A, Rev A1)
GPU Clock 276 MHz
Memory Clock 301 MHz

it would never go over 1.597

I'm no laptop expert, but I think there is a power saving mode that drops the speed down to conserve the battery charge. This does it even with the AC cord plugged in? Check in the control panel under power management and look at your settings. I'd use CPU-Z to check your clock speed.

batboy said:
I'm no laptop expert, but I think there is a power saving mode that drops the speed down to conserve the battery charge. This does it even with the AC cord plugged in? Check in the control panel under power management and look at your settings. I'd use CPU-Z to check your clock speed.

k i will try installing the os again and i updated the chipset any other advise

Your laptop is thinking its not plugged in.

So its dropped the multi down to 16X 100 or 12X 133. You have to go in and find the power management in the control panel and set it to always on/always plugged in.

Also your cpu might be low as your not at 100% load so the laptop is slowing the cpu down until it needs more jam. This again is controled under power management in windows.

Ssetre said:

So its dropped the multi down to 16X 100 or 12X 133. You have to go in and find the power management in the control panel and set it to always on/always plugged in.

Also your cpu might be low as your not at 100% load so the laptop is slowing the cpu down until it needs more jam. This again is controled under power management in windows.

k i did go in contro panel-power management set it to always on i will try installing the os again ( almost done right now) but i do not understand this part of your response:

Also your cpu might be low as your not at 100% load so the laptop is slowing the cpu down until it needs more jam. This again is controled under power management in windows

one more thing when i go into bios the cpu is alsoo set at 1.6 could it be it is just not compatible ith my motherboar althouh ido not thinkso it is a new pc pavilion zd7000 and ihad to change cpu cause i gave theoriginal one to my brother and i know this one is a p4 mobile maybe the other one was not...my bro is not here to veify this

Ssetre said:

can you explain me how to do this part

lso your cpu might be low as your not at 100% load so the laptop is slowing the cpu down until it needs more jam. This again is controled under power management in windows

Back