• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jason152003

Hey there first time poster and i am hoping to get some help with a problem i am having. so here are the details.

Motherboard: Abit NF7-s

I recently had got a computer for cheap with no OS which was okay, i could install that, the i hooked up the monitor and the power, started the machine and all worked well, booted from the cd drive and began the install of windows 7 home prem... got to the part where it ask to select a partition and there were none.. it wasn't picking up the hard drive (WD800 raptor) so installed a second WD harddrive and it recognized it. but wouldn't let me install windows until i det the hard drive up in bios. so i turned the computer off and when i started it back up there was no video at all from the Video Card (ATI Radeon z1550) i put in two basic video cards aswell and still get no video the power is running to all parts and all fans are on and working. someone had told me that it could be a ram problem and if you dont have 2 sticks installed on channel 1 and 3 that it would not allow the computer to start so i did a ram test and removed one stick started the computer it did the same thing. i removed that stick put the other one back in and when i started the computer it started beeping continuesly, my questions are what is the beeping mean??? Why do i all of a sudden have no video or anything???? and what can i do to help this problem????:screwy:

It sounds like you need to clear the CMOS and go into the BIOS and go through all the settings and get it right for the SATA hard drives, video card, RAM voltage/timings etc.... If everything is set right and youre still having problems then you're going to have to start ruling things out one at a time. List out the rest of your hard ware so we know more about what youre working with here.

The beeping patterns do mean something but you need to go to the manufacture's website to figure that out... Let me know

i tried clearing the cmos and still nothing i wish i could get into bios but i cant get any video at all as for hardware i am not to sure what the pc all has except for what i have listed already. just not sure why it isn't booting up right i mean it was working fine and then all of a sudden no

Back