• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP OC 2400+ for NOOOB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a prime question:

Are rounding errors generally mem. related? Or are they Cpu related?... I still have my mem at 6332, and Im getting rounding errors about 5.25 hours out with prime, but memtest ran fine overnight..(i think it was 11 hours).. Gonna try mem at 6332.5and see what I come up with in prime... fsb @ 145 for now...
Oh, and my mem is all the same... all simpletech, same part #, still generic and crappy, but at least matched.

Looking for a heatsink online, i came across a 2100+ with this stepping( comes with sink) AXDA2100DUT3C AIUHB0301MPW... is this a decent chip?

yo4444 said:
I have a prime question:

Are rounding errors generally mem. related? Or are they Cpu related?... I still have my mem at 6332, and Im getting rounding errors about 5.25 hours out with prime, but memtest ran fine overnight..(i think it was 11 hours).. Gonna try mem at 6332.5and see what I come up with in prime... fsb @ 145 for now...
Oh, and my mem is all the same... all simpletech, same part #, still generic and crappy, but at least matched.
If the memory pasted the test it's fine. Prime gave the error cause your CPU can't handle the oc you've made. Though, and 5,25h test is a good test! I mean, in CPU normal activity, i don't think you load the system as prime does, unless you're folding (folding@home). About the mem timings, i think 2,5-3-3-7 are the right times for your rig.

yo4444 said:
Looking for a heatsink online, i came across a 2100+ with this stepping( comes with sink) AXDA2100DUT3C AIUHB0301MPW... is this a decent chip?
It's an good chip, 2100+ 266Mhz Thoroughbread core, made 2003's week 01, multiplier unlocked.

good deal.. thanks for the input..ill change the mem timings.. right now though..i have it at 2.5-3-3-6. primed it @145mhz for 13.5 hours fine.. now priming @ 146.. made it 3 hours so far... ill see what happens after changing timing to 7-3-3-2.5
man..its friggin hot here.... oooofa

went 147 over night for 9 hours stable at 2.5-3-3-7.. nice... still with generic 2100 ram... at 148 now.. im gonna give 150 a try while Im gone tonight, but its 97 degrees here, and this room gets pretty hot even with air conditioning, so i think itl heat up a bit much... we'll see
thanks

yo4444 said:
its 97 degrees here, and this room gets pretty hot even with air conditioning, so i think itl heat up a bit much... we'll see
thanks
Nice to now you've good results. I also decided to push my rig further and i've it running 2200Mhz; vcore 1,725v; 2-3-2-6; 56ºC for 48hours running folding@home without any errors and. I've ordered a new 450W PSU, since the one i've now is 300W. Arrives tomorrow and then, the sky (my is 2400Mhz) will be the limit.
Be carefull with the temps.

Back