• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking FX-8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deftone

Registered
yes .... 1.45n for 1.8GHZ Northbridge is up around 2500MHZ @ 1.265v and HT 2300 MHZ ram 1866 @ 9 9 9 24 @ 1.675v I think. Turned out all it needed for the next step was more VCore.

I am currently testing @5006MHZ stable for 30 min though it took me a bit of VCore to do that now sitting at 1.524v. Core temps ar 54*C and Socket Temp is 57*C with an ambient of 19*C right now ...... have the window open. :) Even after all my prime runs my computer has only heated up this room 3*C over the last 5 or so hours which would not have been possible with the FX 8150.

Might be to early to prove this but it is something to keep an eye on but my settings for 4.8GHZ was almost the same as I had for my FX 8150 @ 4.7GHZ. I took some snaps of my BIOS before flashing to the newest Bios for my board, I'll have to take a look after when I get the chance and compare them.

(Edit)
Dam ..... spoke to soon ..... ILLEGAL SUM OUT @ 30.5min.

Man, I can't even OC mine -.- comp freezes every time I run prime ( on any settings ). Its not the chip coz I could prime on stock or the motherboard since I oc'd my 1100t before. Did you tweak all the settings ? would you mind walking me thru all the steps ? thanks.

Man, I can't even OC mine -.- comp freezes every time I run prime ( on any settings ). Its not the chip coz I could prime on stock or the motherboard since I oc'd my 1100t before. Did you tweak all the settings ? would you mind walking me thru all the steps ? thanks.

I see you are a new member. :welcome:

You need to start your 'own' thread. You need to make a signature with all your parts and pieces used similar to what you see in my signature that shows with every post so that others can see what you have inside the case.

And in your new thread the best place to begin is with the test and captures as shown below.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much. Of course beginning with a setting that is 'known' to pass P95 Blend mode makes good sense, because a failed P95 Blend test is not going to give a baseline of a configuration that 'does' work.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

I see you are a new member. :welcome:

You need to start your 'own' thread. You need to make a signature with all your parts and pieces used similar to what you see in my signature that shows with every post so that others can see what you have inside the case.

And in your new thread the best place to begin is with the test and captures as shown below.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much. Of course beginning with a setting that is 'known' to pass P95 Blend mode makes good sense, because a failed P95 Blend test is not going to give a baseline of a configuration that 'does' work.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Hey thanks for the warm welcome =) and Ima go and create my own thread but I need to get at least a stable 4.4-4.6 before I do so. :3

but I need to get at least a stable 4.4-4.6 before I do so. =This thread is going further and further down the page of threads. You want some help you need to get your own thread started with YOUR specs in a signature and run the baseline tests and post the 4 captures that put everyone on the same page.

Of course me writing this will bump the thread but I am suspecting that there are no more people going to post in the thread anytime soon. My suspicion.

but I need to get at least a stable 4.4-4.6 before I do so. =This thread is going further and further down the page of threads. You want some help you need to get your own thread started with YOUR specs in a signature and run the baseline tests and post the 4 captures that put everyone on the same page.

Of course me writing this will bump the thread but I am suspecting that there are no more people going to post in the thread anytime soon. My suspicion.

Not enough post/criteria for me to make my own SIG =( sorry.

Hi deftone, welcome to OCF! :welcome:

I've split your posts off into their own thread. I also checked and you should be able to make a sig after your third post above. It's a spam prevention measure to keep spammers from signing up, putting a sig on their profile and then never posting. :)

Hi deftone, welcome to OCF! :welcome:

I've split your posts off into their own thread. I also checked and you should be able to make a sig after your third post above. It's a spam prevention measure to keep spammers from signing up, putting a sig on their profile and then never posting. :)

Thanks. =) ima go and make a rig sig Lol sounds so lame but yeah =) :3

Hello again, I have been running my 8350 @ 4.6 stable. I'm now trying 4.8 but 20 mins on prime, one worker stops with " Illegal sumout " note. Can someone help me with some settings I need to change for it to become stable ? Thanks =)

here's my settings for 4.8
48.png
[/IMG]

Note that the temps on the pic are on idle, core temps goes to 65 deg under full load.

Sorry I have not had a chance to comment more ..... I have been busy trying to get personal stuff done and am looking at starting my own company up ...... busy ... busy .... busy

Generally when you have a worker drop off that generally means you are pretty close. To start I would up your VCore a notch or two on your. CPU VCore @ 1.48v for 4.8GHZ is a bit low. Your temps look good so there is no worry there. I'll pop back in tonight when I get home.

Sorry I have not had a chance to comment more ..... I have been busy trying to get personal stuff done and am looking at starting my own company up ...... busy ... busy .... busy

Generally when you have a worker drop off that generally means you are pretty close. To start I would up your VCore a notch or two on your. CPU VCore @ 1.48v for 4.8GHZ is a bit low. Your temps look good so there is no worry there. I'll pop back in tonight when I get home.

Ohh, thanks for taking the time to reply even tho you're really busy. Yeah Ima go and Up my Vcore to 1.49 and lets see how it goes. :)

If core temps are hitting 65c I think you should reduce your overclock a bit.
I would think you need to improve your cooling before you toast something.
are you quoting 'core temp' or 'cpu temp'?
my comment is based on bulldozer temp numbers 62c peak, 55c 24/7.
has pile driver changed this?

I'm not really sure but i have 8350 4.6 sitting at around 15-20/30 degrees on idle and basic day to day stuff and 55/60 on full load depending on my room temps. Im running Swiftech Apogee HD.

what are you monitoring the temps with.
we often use cpu-z hardware monitor.

ok, the 'core temps' #0-7 are what we are interested in under load.
you are maxed out with your cooling system.
we try to keep our 'cpu' temp within 10c of that.
'cpu temp' is the socket/vrm temp.
you need more rad to go further so please back your clock down 100mgz and you are safe.

True, I need one more rad , but that will do for now as I only use my computer to play games for 2-3 hours and the temps are within the reasonable range when I do so. Hoping to get another 2x120 or 3x120 and mount it outside my haf-x. :) But its really hard to find parts here in Australia. :( So I'm guessing that its going to take a while.

I have the haf 942, it takes a 120x3 in the top, but it is very restictive of airflow mounted like that so look at external mounting.
you might also try reducing your vcore voltage a little so you can raise your htt link speed and cpu/nb speed.

Thanks C_D for steppin in ...... its been a long day, just got in and sittin down now.

@ deftone ..... what are your other settings at NB/CPU, HT and CPU LLC (Load Line Calibration) ...... I am surprised that you needed 1.5+v for you to get stable at 4.6GHZ you shouldn't be anywhere near there. That is almost what I needed for 5GHZ.

Back