• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclocking my Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xei

Hello Everyone :D
I just got a new Kingston Hyperx Fury yesterday and i was wondering how can i overclock it. At The Moment its at 1330 Mhz and i want to overclock it to atleast 1600 Mhz. My Bios is ASUS and CPU is i7 2600k.
I would really appreciate any help that you can give me :) .

Can you please post full system specs for your computer? Exact motherboard model and ram model numer?

Here are my tests of Fury 1866 kit. Lower kits should have similar memory chips. Main memory timings are on the screenshots so you can try them.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Fury-2x4GB-DDR3-1866-CL10-1-5V-HX318C10FWK2-8

2600K won't run with memory above 2133 so stick to 1866/2133 settings.

will a 1866 overclock be stable its the first time im overclocking ram

Can you please post full system specs for your computer? Exact motherboard model and ram model numer?

Ram Model = HX318C10FR/8
Motherboard = Asus P8H67-M LE

Only you can check if your memory can be stable at 1866 or higher. I just gave you some examples what to try but no one will guarantee overclocking.

i learned that my motherboard can support only 1333 Mhz so could you suggest another motherboard which can overclock ram to 1600 and also overclock my i7 2600k

The board you have will...up the memory multiplier (how you.overclock memory in the first place).

The board you have will...up the memory multiplier (how you.overclock memory in the first place).

in the manual and the asus site it says it only supports 1333/1066 Mhz

My Specs are

Graphics = Amd HD 7770
Ram Model = HX318C10FR/8
Motherboard = Asus P8H67-M LE
CPU = Intel i7 2600k
Power Suppy = Cooler Master 500W

Last edited:
:O so what would the recommended timings be? as i said im new to overclocking and i just want it to be 1600 mhz
Hi there and welcome.

There are not any specific numbers or settings that will work. Every RAM module is different, has different ICs. Some will clock better than others. Some will work better with certain motherboards while others work better with another. If you use someone elses settings,you may be limiting the overclock or making your sytem unstable as there are so many differing variables that can impact upon the result. It's all part of a tried and tested process. When I first overclocked about 15 years I read through several guides before embarking on this journey. It's really helpful to read some of those guides. They mostly say the same things with slight differences.

Below is the first guide I came to via google search (Google really is your friend). I haven't read it. Please read it though and read some others so that you are getting a real about the optimal procedures for creating a stable overclock that is both stable and safe. Oh, and don't be afraid to return with questions after doing your research.

Via google search keywords - RAM overclocking Guide:
Master's Lair

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending this guide as being accurate as I haven't read it.

There are not any specific numbers or settings that will work. Every RAM module is different, has different ICs. Some will clock better than others. Some will work better with certain motherboards while others work better with another. If you use someone elses settings,you may be limiting the overclock or making your sytem unstable as there are so many differing variables that can impact upon the result. It's all part of a tried and tested process. When I first overclocked about 15 years I read through several guides before embarking on this journey. It's really helpful to read some of those guides. They mostly say the same things with slight differences.

My link is of his exact ram. It gives specs and is rated at 1600 or better at the manufacturers given timings. This is not overclocked.
If it won't run at the rated timings and voltage, the ram is no good.

Hi there and welcome.

Below is the first guide I came to via google search (Google really is your friend). I haven't read it. Please read it though and read some others so that you are getting a real about the optimal procedures for creating a stable overclock that is both stable and safe. Oh, and don't be afraid to return with questions after doing your research.

Via google search keywords - RAM overclocking Guide:
Master's Lair

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending this guide as being accurate as I haven't read it.

:eek: Thank you

Memtest86, prime95 blend...

Thank you :D

Back