• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And when its overclocked if i restart pc,system beep sound is kinda different louder and a bit slower but 1 time, but if i turn off and turn on pc the beep is normal. The beep is different during restart.

CPU frequency IS FSB - or at least as close as you can get to it on AMD systems. AMD hasn't had a "true" FSB since before socket 939/K8 CPUs - that's about four years now ... ;)

Ok... i figured that out too.. Well i tried to downclock i managed to downclock it to 173 but still problem exist, in windows it shows 211 and 6% overclock but I dont think even if i somehow manage to make it to 200 problem will be gone.. Something keeps overclocking it from 40 to 50 and i give up ill just use this pc to watch movies and buy another one after summer.. You can close this thread now cuz I give up I cant fix it i think some of hardware is damaged. Thanks for trying to help me, anyway this pc is crap now so ill better get some money and buy new one for like $2000.

Well, there's obviously something wrong with the CMOS/BIOS. I've never seen a socket 939 board with less than 200 MHz for a clock speed (CPU frequency). You can make a board do it with the right chipset and AOD (AMD Overdrive utility) but it's not in BIOS like that - at least it shouldn't be ...

Well, there's obviously something wrong with the CMOS/BIOS. I've never seen a socket 939 board with less than 200 MHz for a clock speed (CPU frequency). You can make a board do it with the right chipset and AOD (AMD Overdrive utility) but it's not in BIOS like that - at least it shouldn't be ...

I can change CPU Frequence between 150-400, default is 200, i can downclock and overclock, but still it gives 40-50 FSB more than it should be. I downloaded that overdrive utility, but it fails to start..

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't mean for you to try to use AOD - it's for a different chipset from yours. In fact, it's for a whole different generation of CPU. I just mentioned it because it's the ONLY way I've ever seen to adjust the clock downward from 200 MHz.

Socket 939 (like yours) and newer generations have a default 200 MHz clock and there should be no way to reduce that below 200. Since your board is showing options below 200 my conclusion is that you have some hardware problem with your CMOS/BIOS. If you've tried resetting and hard-resetting of the CMOS than the only thing left would be to replace the CMOS chip - and even then there's no guaranty it would fix the problem. It could be the clock generator that's bad or something else in the northbridge - who knows ...?

Yea, as I said above I'll just be patient and will buy new PC. So this thread can be closed. Theres nothing to discuss any further.

You know, I had a 3500+ and never had any luck with overclocking it... I had better luck with my 3700+ and 4000+. My 3500+ never did all that good... Going from 2.2 to 2.7Ghz is not too bad... really.

Do you have anything set in bios to automatically overclock the CPU? Even though you have it set, some BIOSes have an idiot proof way for overclocking via a percentage...lets say 32%. Which would give you 2.9Ghz...

I know this is tedious, but can you give us screen shots of your BIOS screens...please.

In bios overclock is auto (200) and (100). In few days i can make pics in bios but now i cant. But I assure you its stays on auto, and I did not overclocked it, Somehow it keeps overclocking after i turn on pc. And i resetted cmos few times. And theres nothing in BIOS (no function) that can auto overclock my cpu.

In bios overclock is auto (200) and (100). In few days i can make pics in bios but now i cant. But I assure you its stays on auto, and I did not overclocked it, Somehow it keeps overclocking after i turn on pc. And i resetted cmos few times. And theres nothing in BIOS (no function) that can auto overclock my cpu.

Is there any overclocking software installed? Such as Easytune?

Nope, I dont have any overclocking software. That overclock just appeared one day and I cant get rid of it. And cuz of that almost all of my games are running unstable.. But I played COD 6 not long ago and didin't notice any glitches, except sound glitch during brief of the mission sound was disapprearing for few secs, but during some action everything was fine.

Nope, I dont have any overclocking software. That overclock just appeared one day and I cant get rid of it. And cuz of that almost all of my games are running unstable.. But I played COD 6 not long ago and didin't notice any glitches, except sound glitch during brief of the mission sound was disapprearing for few secs, but during some action everything was fine.

I would reset the BIOS to defaults, just to be 100% sure its not the BIOS..

Im not sure reborn20, if you issue was similar to mine.. but during overclocking my old socket 939 (4200+) after about a 10% OC my usb became unstable also.. my motherboard was locked so I couldent change the speeds.. BUT I did find a temporary fix for this issue.. its well documented on google for my mobo at the time (biostar) where overclocking would cause the system to be unstable in usb 2.0 mode.. my fix for this was continueing to overclock, but reducing usb speeds to 1.1 (also know as fullspeed sometimes on some motherboards) Im not sure if this is anywhere neer your current issue, and if it were, im not sure if it would help you any.. but thats just my two-cents

Im not sure reborn20, if you issue was similar to mine.. but during overclocking my old socket 939 (4200+) after about a 10% OC my usb became unstable also.. my motherboard was locked so I couldent change the speeds.. BUT I did find a temporary fix for this issue.. its well documented on google for my mobo at the time (biostar) where overclocking would cause the system to be unstable in usb 2.0 mode.. my fix for this was continueing to overclock, but reducing usb speeds to 1.1 (also know as fullspeed sometimes on some motherboards) Im not sure if this is anywhere neer your current issue, and if it were, im not sure if it would help you any.. but thats just my two-cents

Nah I think it's different, not the only my usb doesnt work, but also all of my games run unstable.. Most of them run slower than they should, but when I've Tried to play world of warcraft it ran faster and Allods online and COD MW2 i think were pretty normal without any glitches. Except sound glitch in MW2. And if i turn off pc for 20 min my usb will work for few mins until overclock appears from I wish I know. Damn im so ****ed and have to wait so long until I'll buy new pc. Can it be some kind of BIOS Virus maybe????

Steps to take. READ the manual for your motherboard. Make sure to pay attention to the BIOS settings area. Restart the computer and enter the BIOS. Make sure that any built in Overclocking utilities are disabled and that all settings are set to defaults. Maybe make use of the "set to safe settings" option that most BIOS utilities have. If this does not fix the problem, then you MUST have a program that is loading after windows starts that is increasing the FSB. Could be something that is installed with the drivers for you motherboard.

Edit; reading above there is a post that mentions a faulty clock generator...that may be the case as well. if everything else is OK and there are no OC utility/driver programs then it is most likely the culprit. in that case you will be looking at a new Motherboard/system.

Last edited:
I tried that it didint help. The only thing left to do is changing the motherboard. Ill better wait few months and get money to buy new powerful pc from alienware.

Don't waste money buying a name brand system. Do some research in the meantime here and on the web, then go to Newegg or a similar online store and build your own. Much more rewarding, way cheaper, and usually you can build a better system than you can just buy. plus you can make it look the way YOU want, not the way THEY want.

Back