• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help Tweaking my new RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION BIOS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

As the title say's its all about learning how to set up and tweak this BLACK EDITION BIOS for the best results possible!!

As of this time i have already completed my Overclocking on this Motherboard!
And i have saved 2 Profiles in the Bios one, @ 4.5Mhz the other, @ 4.8Mhz.

So this is more to do with me learning more about this Motherboard and how its Bios works, to get the best results possible!

Enjoy looking at the New BLACK BIOS FACE instead of the usual RED ONE we have with the ROG BOARDS. I think its looks better and not so bright or hard to look at for a long time??

Respectfully,

AJ.

Last edited:
I posted this so the members can check out a few things in my Bios. To see if i have the correct settings, with the present RAM that i am using.

EDIT: Please kindly drop in and make comments.

Regards,

AJ.

Last edited:
Regarding memory issues try:
Extreme tweaker tab:
- DRAM Voltage - 1.65V ( both DRAM Voltage settings )
- VTT - 1.25V
- VCCSA - 1.25V
- DRAM Frequency - 2400

DRAM Timing Control:
- DRAM Ref Cycle Time - 320
- Command Rate - 2
other timings rewrite from last window with XMP #1 settings , all that you don't know set to auto

It looks like both kits are slightly different ( maybe single and double sided modules - you can check that just looking at them ).

Run HyperPi32M to check if memory is ok. For longer stability tests can be Prime95 or something else , anyway HyperPi 32M is good for quick memory tests as it's sometimes crashing even when some other tests or games are passing 1h+ full load.

I will look at what you have said, and thanks for the advice, but i am not happy with this Ram to be totally honest!! I will change all the settings in the Bios later today.

EDIT: My new G.SKILL has just arrived here Woomack i wish to try it in my set thanks!!

Regards and sorry,

AJ.

Last edited:
Ya but if you can get the 2400 Avexir to run you can send the other back unopened Ajay. Full refund! It's probably better than the G.Skill

I hear and fully understand what everyone is saying but, all these Random crashes even on here. Has made lose faith in that Ram Johan, also unknown to you i have been reading the new RAMPAGE BLACK EDITION OWNERS SITE!!

They are having the same problems with Ram that are not properly tested and match sets, and just buying 2 sets and sticking them together seems to be the wrong thing to do and causes these problems. I still have some more pages to read about it, but that is what it boils down to with this Motherboard here.

So please try to understand why i have done this and try to help me the best you and the other members as well, can with this problem. Thanks.

AJ.

Oh I understand where you're coming from Ajay, I just feel that with the right setting it just may work. Either way whichever kit you choose to use is up to you bud. Too bad you live in England, I've never had any light up ram before.

Hiya Ajay!

Wow...look at all those ram settings! Some look interesting but no idea what most of them do.

Will have to compare against my current rive bios settings but some that jump out include:
- Internal PLL Overvoltage- Enabled
- LLC- High
- CPU Fixed Frequency- 500
- Power Limit Control- I generally leave this on Auto, OR, set them all to their max settings (except long duration maintained which I set to 32). Not leaving the control on auto adds boatloads of heat (but can improve stability) so I've found that, in general, higher overclocks are possible leaving it on auto.
- Turbo Mode- Disabled

Also...take a look at my mve bios settings in the benching thread. The boards are pretty similar so some of those settings might be useful, too.

Good luck!!! Definitely keeping an eye on this thread...hopefully others shine some light here for us.

Thanks guy's i really appreciate the help and answers, the funny thing is with this matched set of G.SKILL. I have been able to lower my Vcore and still pass the tests like, CINEBENCH and XTU, also it now say's when i open XTU it goes straight into it, instead of the box saying the program is Excited!! ;)

As i have noticed it usually crashes right away and no amount of Vcore seems to cure the problem. :(

So stability from this set of ram seems to be working, it is in the Owners Handbook and listed as fully tested and works with this Motherboard. I just need more time to MEMTEST86+ this but its looking good and feels faster than the other set. :salute: :thup:

AJ.

That's good news there Ajay, Typically slower ram is easier on a CPU to start with, this is especially true I have found with the Hazwell. How are the numbers with the new compared to old??

It has gone down from 1.440v to 1.405v with the LLC it say's 1.424v Max and it holds really well. So i am hoping it will improve the whole situation with my Overclocking and poor stability problems. :shrug: ;)

Regards,

AJ.

That is quite a drop , Maybe it'll hit that elusive 4.9 again!

This is the new set of Ram it is the same as Woomack uses he was kind enough to point me in the right direction.

P1000847.JPG

P1000845.JPG

P1000846.JPG

P1000848.JPG

P1000849.JPG

P1000852.JPG

Respectfully,

AJ.

How abut some Aida64 runs see how that stuff is pumping out the numbers.

Oh I thought I had seen Aida64 on your desktop before in some of the pics. It's a good software suite trial for 30 days. In the tools section it has a Memory and cache benchmark. Works well with the multithreaded CPUs. I'll give that a look Ajay. I have these Flares working pretty well http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7628480&postcount=1835 You can see Aida64 test in that link. These are 1800 7-8-7 1.65v stock at 2400-9-10-9 1.65v
I'll check out that thread you linked.

OK i hope i have done this correct as i have never used anything like this before, so please kindly check things out for me!

Snap 2014-02-07 at 18.18.54.jpg

Snap 2014-02-07 at 18.23.25.jpg

Snap 2014-02-07 at 18.25.03.jpg

I think some of these results could be good or bad, but hopefully someone will explain it to me??

Respectfully,

AJ.

I was looking for the first pic, the problem with the trial version is just that it doesn't fill in all the boxes. You can run each seperately as well. This tool is good for comparison of ram bandwidth when tweaking to make sure you are actually improving. You can compare it to the last post in Woomacks thread that you listed earlier and if you see he had it at 2600+ but his memory scores were in the 70,000 range. That's a good thread if you're looking at cranking those puppies up a bit Ajay.

OK thanks for the heads up Johan my friend, yeah when i feel more confident i want to try to OC my Ram as well. To see how far it will go, just found out that the chips are HYNIX not Samsung which is a Bummer!! According to the Serial number on the Ram sticks them selves if its 2500 then its Samsung. Mine are 1400 which is Hynix instead ohh well, at least its stable and no Crashes so far today!!

1, http://hwbot.org/submission/2497481_

2, http://hwbot.org/submission/2497490_

AJ.

Last edited:
Back