• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help Tweaking my new RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION BIOS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah the FUN is taking part and all the friendly Banter and leg pulling buddy!! Plus all these scores are going to my Account on the HWbot as well, so a win, win situation Johan!!

AJ.

That it is buddy, I'm in the sidelines this month though. Oh well maybe my wife will be nice to me on Valentines and bring me a new GFX card. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well its swings and roundabouts with these cards some Benches they are Brilliant others not so good!! Next on my shopping list will be 2 x XSPC 780TI WC BLOCKS with Back Plates now i have fully proved these cards and they are working properly together here.

AJ.

I haven't bothered cooling my cards under water yet. Unless you mod them for crazy volts and stuff they won't get hot enough to warrant the added cooling. But those light up ones you had before did look so cool!!

My idea is when you want to get that last drop out of these 780TI's then a good cold WC SYSTEM would be a good way to go you yourself have proved the point with the Window system!! As they say every degree helps!!

AJ.

Did try to reach 4.9 on my other Mobo before it developed a fault with the Ram Slots SB!! :rain:

But it failed, you could boot into windows, but it would crash as soon as you opened anything really heavy or demanding. You could only use it for things like Super PI anything that did not put too much pressure on the CPU and Ram etc. :eh?:

By the way thanks for the HT Tip it seem to bump up the score here, but i have still have to set up the Ram here as well. Want to try to OC it to 2666Mhz and see if it will be stable enough to use it with my CPU OC @ 4.8Mhz hopefully that will give a few more points as well!!!! :shrug:

EDIT: Sorry i forgot to mention i have 2 Profiles saved in my Bios this one @ 4.2 for Web chatting and my other @ 4.8 for Benching!!

Regards,

AJ.

Last edited:
In the Memory Tab it goes to 2666 Mhz as there is no 2600 Mhz i could try for that later on after i have Sub some scores buddy!!

I think 2666 Mhz is about this might go without crashing again!! But one thing for sure i am enjoying my Benching again here.

AJ.

That's why straps are useful ( higher bclk/lower memory ratio ). You can set up to 4000+ memory clock ( it won't work but you can ;) ).
On my board 2400+ clock is working only with x1.25 or higher strap but my board is weird and generally after today's benching I see it's holding me down.

2400 CL10 will be optimal for you. It's not really necessary but at this point you can start to play with sub timings ( slowly step by step checking stability ). It gives much more on dual channel platforms but you can check some settings when you get bored ;)

Thanks i have mine Ram OC @ 2400Mhz now in my 4.8Mhz profile the timings are this Woomack!!

10-12-12-35-1T. Cycle time is 335 and the ram volts 1.65v!!

I was looking @ this 2666Mhz 11-13-13-35-1T Cycle time 335 the same @ 1.70v???

So what do you think is it really worth it and how much could you gain if anything at all???

AJ.

Biggest gain will be in AIDA64 benchmark :D ... but you can check and compare results. Also try to drop that cycle time which is 335 .. it will work at much lower value like 2xx but I would try 180+ too.

What 250 or 275 something like that would you say??

EDIT: OK WILL GIVE IT A TRY, NOTHING TO LOSE AS THE OC IS SAVED IN THE BIOS!!

AJ.

Last edited:
check what is working , in worst case reset bios and set something higher

When i get a chance i will play around and see what gives and what works as well as stable.

AJ.

When i get a chance i will play around and see what gives and what works as well as stable.

AJ.

Usually (on AMD stuff getting benched) I adjust my ram timings on the fly in windows for benching. That way I don't have to rely on the system to boot to call it benching stable when I know there's more to be had after system boots.

Disable all your unused services and unused HW in bios IE Lan ports, and the services for them. Disable the windows audio stuff, disk defragger, fax, you know all those needless stuff for benching.....

Should help tweak in a few hundred more points.

Hi SB Sorry i did not come back to you so quickly, but been taking time to read about Ram and timings else where. The advice is if your Ram is working @ 2400 then going to 2666 is not going to give much more. But by tightening the 2400 timings this would be a better way to go and give you as much as the 2666. Plus the better chance of better stability as well, as it say's the for IB-E 2400 is the optimum setting for Ram to work with the CPU.

So after looking at all of that maybe, it would be better to try to adjust the timings a little and the test with AIDA64 and see what the results would be!!

And the difference in the scores!

AJ.

I'd start with pic 5 post 2....

DRAM REF cycle Time 208 208 - 128 -128 <-get these all running the same channels A-D

DRAM Refresh Interval TIME 6240 CHA-D all the same good, lower this number. Sometimes it can be lowered substantially.

DRAM WRITE Recovery Time 12 CHA-D Tighten this one click at a time.

PIC 13 post 2

DRAM Power Phase Control to upper level, maybe even extreme.

PIC 14 post 2

Turn off Turbo mode -

Pic 15 post 2

Activate 2 processor cores, hope for lower temps and higher clocks on 2 cores.

Just some settings, I'd give a play around with from your bios picture settings I see. Some of this may help, some of it may not make a difference. Just as long as your having fun! :D

To do this right SB i need to do some new screen shots of that there section as recently i have changed my RAM!! And installed some G.SKILL RIPJAWS Z SERIES so lets try to start out right don't you think!!

EDIT: It would be a good idea to go to my 48 OC and do the shots of the timings before we set out this! This is my BIOS SHOTS @ 48 OC and all the Info that anyone would wish to look at!!

View attachment 140209164342.BMP

View attachment 140209164252.BMP

View attachment 140209164132.BMP

View attachment 140209164153.BMP

View attachment 140209163737.BMP

View attachment 140209163810.BMP

Snap 2014-02-09 at 17.09.20.jpg

AJ.

Last edited:
And installed some G.SKILL RIPJAWS Z SERIES so lets try to start out right don't you think!!

What you need is some Trident X G Skillz.....

Yes start fresh. Same settings and suggestions will still apply. :thup:

Back