• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help Tweaking my new RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION BIOS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wish to say a big thank you to all those that has taken there time to help me!!

Thanks Guy's.

At this moment in time it looks like i am fully back and running again now, and with your help better than before. This new G.SKILL RAM has lifted my confidence again, it has made a difference by making my whole set up more stable.

The only little thing now would be to OC the Ram back up to 2400Mhz if that was possible!! But that's for a new thread else where on OCF.

Many Thanks,

AJ.

Even though this Motherboard is quite expensive its really worth every Penny or Dollar from a OVERCLOCKERS point of view!! The Tech guy's who put this together really did a great job, and its a dream to work with as well.

AJ.

I wish to say a big thank you to all those that has taken there time to help me!!

Thanks Guy's.

At this moment in time it looks like i am fully back and running again now, and with your help better than before. This new G.SKILL RAM has lifted my confidence again, it has made a difference by making my whole set up more stable.

The only little thing now would be to OC the Ram back up to 2400Mhz if that was possible!! But that's for a new thread else where on OCF.

Many Thanks,

AJ.

Glad you got this thing rocking again Ajay, you had a few growing pains but it's getting there. :thup:

Regarding Hynix RAM, I would check something like:
2400 10-12-12 1.65V
2600 11-13-13 1.65V ( can be up to 1.7V )
2666 11-13-13 1.65-1.75V
2800 11-14-14 1.65-1.75V ... for new IC can be 2800 12-14-14 1.65-1.75V

That's just what is possible on some Hynix kits. These kits are often doing 2600 11-13-13 easier than 2400 10-12-12.
These are also new Hynix:
http://www.funkykit.com/reviews/mem...amba-and-venom-red-memory-review/overclocking
2 unmatched 2x8GB 2400 10-12-12 kits running together ( 32GB ) up to 2666 11-13-13 ( board limit ). One of these kits is running @2600 10-12-12 1.75V but other needs CL11 for 2600+.

There you go Ajay, get that ram up and really kick us around the monthly bench, what's your cache speed?

I think the best thing to do is set up a new thread in the Ram Section or would you like to stay on this thread i leave it up to you Woomack!!

Yes but the biggest find was the 2 sets of AVEXIR RAM where not the same!!

One set where single sided Chips and the other set where Double sided Chips, so both where totally different. Now my best guess is that maybe the cause of the Random Crashes, because these G.SKILL are all the same double sided Chips and the timings are all the same for each stick of ram in the Bios.

So maybe that is why its best to buy 4 matched Ram sticks in the first place, and as you have seen my OC now is much better than before and i do not have to run stupid Vcore Voltages!!

Snap 2014-02-07 at 22.21.37.jpg

I got this up and running last night, so Johan can you tell me what my Cache speed is please???

AJ.

Last edited:
More than likely Ajay, I'm still not certainthat they would not work together with the right tweaking , I'm no expert in the matter and sometimes it can take a few hours of trial and error. Just for fun last night I took the PI ram and the Flare ram stuck them both in the Z87 and made them work together at 2200 P95 stable .

AJAY, while looking at your HWBot scores on the first page, I noticed a setting in bios that needs to be disabled while running Unigine.

Turn off the Hyper Threading so you get that little more horse power per core ;)

Well i feel we have passed by the problem now and need to concentrate on the road ahead to get the best possible results for the Hardware!! Thanks.

AJ.

Thanks SB for the heads up a will give it a try out now!!

Thanks Keny for the answer, any help is very welcome!!

Just Overclocked the Ram to 2400Mhz and checked it with AIDA 64 Guy's so how is it looking now any better than before?? :shrug: :shrug:

Snap 2014-02-08 at 13.38.57.jpg

AJ.

Last edited:
Just managed this for the HWbot, with the Memory OC and HT OFF as well!! Just one question Guy's why has my WRITE SCORE DROPPED DOWN in AIDA 64?? From 58365 to 42293??

Snap 2014-02-08 at 14.01.40.jpg

Best Regards,

AJ.

Because of shutting off the HT. Aida64 works with multiple threads so dropping from 12 to 6 is the answer.

So if i switch it back on and do a retest later then we should end up with the right result.

OK Buddy!

AJ.

In the Memory Tab it goes to 2666 Mhz as there is no 2600 Mhz i could try for that later on after i have Sub some scores buddy!!

I think 2666 Mhz is about this might go without crashing again!! But one thing for sure i am enjoying my Benching again here.

AJ.

I can say this Motherboard does make a big difference it makes OC more easy and less stressful than the P9X79 PRO. As for that Mobo it went back Friday just waiting for a answer next week as to what the verdict will be buddy.

OK will go next door and Sub Another score, but it looks like ED has the drop on us all at the moment lol!!

AJ.

Me thinks when he drops a second card in there you might be in trouble Ajay my man!! Depends on how well it scales but even 50% gets him easily to the 6000 range.

Back