• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help Tweaking my new RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION BIOS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK what about those settings now and by how much should i try to change things???

DRAM CYCLE?? 335 TO ???

DRAM REFRESH TIME 7936 TO ???

Would it be worth just tweaking the timings a little as well or leave well alone at this point???

Well i have really been trying hard to tweak these Ram timings and settings in the Bios. But what ever i do it just crashes and will not pass the 2 Cinebenches.

The readings in AIDA is that this is the best optimum setting @ 48 @ 2400Mhz and it passes the tests!!

If i lower down the RAM to 2133 then there is no problems at all and i can lower down the Vcore as well, because its more stable at those settings.

But according to AIDA the read and write speeds also drop away quite a bit compared to where i am now.

So as they say while its working leave it alone maybe!

Snap 2014-02-09 at 19.45.48.jpg

AJ.

Last edited:
As a up date to this thread, also i have now Managed to Overclock and set up my G.SKILL RAM.

Which has really helped to stabilize the CPU + RAM and allowed me to greatly reduce the amount of Voltage applied to the CPU. :thup:

On my everyday setting in which i use for Web browsing and other things its dropped my CPU Voltage from 1.400v to 1.200v. Which in its self is a large amount, but what i have found is if you gain on one side.

The other side you do not necessary achieve the same amount. ;)

So lets just spell that out!!

1, Vcore down to 1.200v @ 42 OC.

2, Vcore OK to 1.425 @ 47 OC.

3, After this point it takes a big jump up to 1.505v or 1.510v in the bios!!

As you can see you gain on one side to a point, then lose a bit further up the line so to speak! ;)

Regards,

AJ.

Last edited:
I find that pretty common with CPUs in general AJAY. They hit a certain point where the V_Core for the next 100MHz just keeps climbing. Besides you don't need to be P95 stable, just stable enough to finish whichever bench youre trying to run at 4.8 or 4.9

It tested P95 Blend no problem all the way to 4.7 easy and then it just fell of a cliff lol!!! For 4.8 i tested it with Cinebench and others, i did try XTU but ran out of time with that.

Shame as we have said before, looking for more but still the same results in the end ahh well buddy. Never mind i am more happy the Ram has gone and the other results have been great so can not complain here.

AJ.

Last edited:
Back