• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help understanding the types of voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reymus

Hi,

I am noob when it comes to overclocking so please bare with!

Basically, I can overclock my 960t to around 3.75 before things become unstable/unbootable. So I figure that this may be an issue with the voltage which is currently set to auto (I also want to try and unlock to 6 cores, as it does unlock sucesfully, but bluescreens during windows loading screen).

Now within the bios, there are various voltage setting and I would rather not mess with anything until I am sure what's going on. These settings are:

• CPU Overvoltage
  • VDDNB Over Voltage
  • HT Over Voltage
  • Chipset Voltage

I did read some article about their meanings, but in all honestly, it left me more confused!

My settings/setup are as follows:
Windows 7 64
AMD 960t
Asus M5A78L-MLX V2
8Gb 1600 Corsair vengeance
450w corsair PSU
XFI-Extreme Music sound card
XFX 5850

CPU-Z
cpujt.jpg

Temps idle at around 29-30 and go to around 46 on full load.

So yeah, if anyone could fill me in and let me know what I need to change, that would be great!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my settings are all set to auto in the bios (Cool n q set to disable) with the multiplier set to 18, any higher and it blue screens/becomes unresponsive.

Last edited:
Back