• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With Bulid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foopsz

Hi Guys Im back I am Getting Everything on the 6th of this month so i wanna go over the build i wanna get a high end CPU so i wont have to upgrade for aleast 3 years. i usally play games and i know you gonna say i need a GPU my GPU is good all i really need/want is a new CPU bought computer 4 years ago(pre-built) Been adding on to it. So far i have Power Supply and a GPU now i want to upgrade the biggest thing the CPU and Motherboard.
I had a case in mind the HAF 912 looks good or the Rosewill Ranger.
I Plan to Overclock my New CPU so i might need a New Heatsink and fan

1.I Need a CPU
2.Motherboard
3.Thermal Paste
4.Case
Roughly in price range 230 to 300. Budget 250.
thats just the Budget im setting just to be safe not go all out but ok
THESE FORUMS ROCK!

-Thanks

Some Specs in Sig

First, this post probably should get moved to general hardware. As for the CPU, you probably will need to go with AMD for that price range as I do not see you getting a "high end" intel processor that will fit in that budget.

I really can't provide any recommendations as I am not too experienced with AMD CPUs. :(

"MOBO >Gateway H57M01
CPU & Cooler > i3 530 Stock Fan HeatSink
MEMORY > Stock 6GB RAM
POWER SUPPLY > Tt TR2 430w
VIDEO CARD > EVGA GTX 550 Ti 2GB
HDDs > One Stock HDD
Case > Stock Gateway"

Well let's see here...
change your budget to something like $600...
or leave your machine alone...

You need a power supply...your CPU is more than adequate already, you will see no gain in games if you keep your GPU...

Just to replace your CPU with a 1156 quad core would cost $200 and you wouldn't see anything at all in games.

High end CPUs are $300-350+ alone ;)

Hi Guys Im back I am Getting Everything on the 6th of this month so i wanna go over the build i wanna get a high end CPU so i wont have to upgrade for aleast 3 years. i usally play games and i know you gonna say i need a GPU my GPU is good all i really need/want is a new CPU bought computer 4 years ago(pre-built) Been adding on to it. So far i have Power Supply and a GPU now i want to upgrade the biggest thing the CPU and Motherboard.
I had a case in mind the HAF 912 looks good or the Rosewill Ranger.
I Plan to Overclock my New CPU so i might need a New Heatsink and fan

1.I Need a CPU
2.Motherboard
3.Thermal Paste
4.Case
Roughly in price range 230 to 300. Budget 250.
thats just the Budget im setting just to be safe not go all out but ok
THESE FORUMS ROCK!

-Thanks

Some Specs in Sig

You need to Stretch your budget a bit. here is what i came up with.... AMD setup... Just below $300 as you are saying you can recycle your HDD, GPU and RAM.
I just noticed that your PSU is very poor quality and need to be replaced so add another $50-80 for it.

if you have microcenter near you, you can save $10 each on MB and CPU and another $10 MIR on heatsink. thats $30.00 cheaper than egg but if you dont pay tax on egg comes out preety much same.

Attachments

• shopping cart.JPG
    shopping cart.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 57
wow........
I did not know he had so many threads already for the same question and had been advised......
Seems like he is just running and trying to get everything .............. but working on budget.

Foopsz, time to settle man......
as i suggested before, go AMD route.... Fx 4100, CM Haf 912, 970 chipset AM3+ MB and hyper 212 heatsink, decent 650+W PSU. It wiill cost you around $400 and you will have decent rig to play games for quite a while.

Back