• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with case cooling plan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oblivi0n

I will be getting a Fractal Arc Mini with a ASRock Extreme4-M board and a Corsair H100 cooler soon. I plan to put the dual cooler rad/fans up top. According to the case specs when using both top fan spots, you can't use the back one.

Here are the specs for both the case and the MB. Questions/Plans below that.

Fractal Arc Mini:
2x 120mm in front
2x 120/140mm in top
1x 120mm in bottom
1x 120mm in rear (Can't use?)
1x 120/140mm in side panel (Do I need it?)

Three fans included (1x 120mm in front, 1x 120mm in rear and 1x 140mm in top)
Support for dual 120mm radiator in top*

Fan controller for 3 fans included

ASRock Extreme4-M:
- 2 x CPU Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin)
- 1 x Power Fan connector (3-pin)

Plans:
H100: Do I want to swap out the fans that come with it? From what I have read it is wisest to keep those fans plugging in directly to the H100 to control.

Case Fans: x2 120mm in front, x1 120mm in bottom. I don't think I want/need the side fan. So if this is the case, I will have three fans. Do I want to use the Fractal external fan controller that comes with it that controls 3 fans, or do I want to connect to the MB?

Also, do I want to replace the stock fans that come with it? I want a stealth look, no LED's, all black and slick looking. Also will either want them to come pre sleeved or I will do it.

So basically trying to decide what goes where, and what controls what...and once that is decided what fans to get (with appropriate pin connectors).

Thanks!

H100 radiator on top. I will use as exhaust
I don't see any reason why you can't use back fan, sounds silly... dunno.

You don't need fans plugged into the H100 controller, any other pin connector will do. depending on how you like your temps, you can choose to add 2 more fan to make the rad push/pull too, that helps.

you want ABUNDANT airflow in your case. if the pressure is low, your fans wont be doing what they are suppose to be doing. So be sure you have more air going IN then going OUT. :) that's about the basic rule.

Back