• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with installing Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dandaman993

Registered
Hi guys

I have just finished building my new PC and I can not get windows 7/8 or vista installed. It gives an error during the "Expanding Files" part of the installation. I have tried different hard drives (500GB + 1TB), different ways of installing (DVD + USB) and I am at a dead end.

My Spec:

Intel i5 3350p 3.1ghz
Asus P8P67 Pro
4GB DDR3 ripjaws G.Skill 1600mhz (1x 4gb)
Nvidia gtx 550ti 1gb
750w OCZ Modular PSU

All my parts are 64bit compatible and yet windows gives an error either 0x80070570 (On windows 7/8) or 0x80070241 (On windows vista)

I have the BIOS in default settings with the SATA ports set to AHCI (but have tried IDE and no different). The Hard drive is plugged into SATA Port 1 and the DVD drive in port 6. BIOS is fully up to date with the latest flash and it isn't over-clocked.

Any ideas on what to do will greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi guys

I have just finished building my new PC and I can not get windows 7/8 or vista installed. It gives an error during the "Expanding Files" part of the installation. I have tried different hard drives (500GB + 1TB), different ways of installing (DVD + USB) and I am at a dead end.

My Spec:

Intel i5 3350p 3.1ghz
Asus P8P67 Pro
4GB DDR3 ripjaws G.Skill 1600mhz (1x 4gb)
Nvidia gtx 550ti 1gb
750w OCZ Modular PSU

All my parts are 64bit compatible and yet windows gives an error either 0x80070570 (On windows 7/8) or 0x80070241 (On windows vista)

I have the BIOS in default settings with the SATA ports set to AHCI (but have tried IDE and no different). The Hard drive is plugged into SATA Port 1 and the DVD drive in port 6. BIOS is fully up to date with the latest flash and it isn't over-clocked.

Any ideas on what to do will greatly appreciated

Thanks

Is your CD damaged / scratched? Is your copy legal? Illegal copies are unpredictable if it is. Did you test your system hardware (RAM specifically?)

I have used a brand new copy which I got from PC world and i have tried one a friend provided to me and I done a memtest on my RAM and all was good.

I assume SATA port 1 is one of the two grey ports connected to the P67 chipset, and port 6 is one of the Marvell ports? Try connecting both to either the grey or light blue ports, connected to the P67 chipset w/ the SATA controller mode set to AHCI. With both drives connected to the same controller, what are both the DVD and HDD called out / listed as in the boot order of the UEFI?

Ok, I have purchased new RAM as I was told it was in essence my RAM, Patriot Viper 3 1600mhz 2x 4GB and am still getting the same error. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said it might be the mobo isn't correcting the RAM timings correctly, how do i change these?

Ok, I have purchased new RAM as I was told it was in essence my RAM, Patriot Viper 3 1600mhz 2x 4GB and am still getting the same error. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said it might be the mobo isn't correcting the RAM timings correctly, how do i change these?
If it is just RAM timing, get to BIOS (you don't need HDD to do this) and change timing according to the manufacturer, at least for now use conservative timing.

I have used a brand new copy which I got from PC world and i have tried one a friend provided to me and I done a memtest on my RAM and all was good.
If it's Win7 SP1, try going here and downloading the ISO straight from Microsoft and using your genuine product key.

edit: Never mind, I saw you already tried another copy from a friend.

Try clearing your CMOS. I've read reports that that has helped.

Back