• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with new cooling Setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great explanation mate, things are quiet clear to me now on which side attaches where :D

I Will draw a new diagram and attach it later today here.

EDIT:

How does this look?

nwalav.jpg

Last edited:
You don't need the BP Tank, IMO. That loop looks fine but recall our previous conversation about the 2nd reservoir. It will need to be filled like a hose-tube, will not contribute anything to bleeding air, and may only be a source for leaks. You can ask others on the other thread. They may have figured out how to fit one in. :)

I am about to remove the BP tank, although what are your suggestions for the gfx card? Is the evga 680 classified edition good? Or should I just go for the superclocked?

Just like any other gfx card. Decide why you need a new one first. Then get what you need.

You can run it by the Nvidia video card forum on OCF for more opinions. I read a thread recently where someone was wishing they gotten the 4 gb but it may only have been a specific game where they were limited in one setting. The others in the thread were not so sympathetic, ha-ha.

I am actually quite happy with my gtx285 so it shows you what games I play (not first-person shooter type). Here is a nice article from Tom's Hardware on the Best Graphics Cards for the Money September 2012.

TDP of gtx680 is 195 Watts 2gb stock clocks vs. 182 Watts for the gtx 260 at the EVGA site. Except before you were air-cooling VRM and now you are water-cooling. At worst, you will have to limit OC depending on local ambients. Stock core i7 920 is 130 Watts. So you are cooling around 325 Watts stock plus any extra for an OC VGA card with extra Video RAM.

Last edited:
Hey mate,

i am going to finilize my current order tonite and pay frozencpu for the LCS items. So, they can pack and keep them ready.

They will have the GTX 680SC in stock by 18th and maybe the Classified version 2 days after that, so i'll keep the order on hold till then and buy one of those cards. So, for now i was thinking of removing the Universal GPU from my cart and pay for this order.

Once the GFX card is finilized i will pick a full cover block for it and pay for those 2 items. I am attaching a cart pick, it has the universal block in it but i am removing it now.

2ltls9d.jpg

Thank you sooo much for all your help

I compared this to post #28 and to a Beginning Guide and think you have it all. If you go full-cover, you can not only remove your universal but also your copper heatsinks, vid-82. And the Primochill is reportedly a dye that creates far more problems than Mahyems but I don't know that from personal experience so you can remove that unless you want to stain everything red and risk plugging your new system. But it's your gear.

We have discussed a drain. You don't need one but just wanted to remind you in case you still wanted one. You may be able to drain from the reservoir if you pull it out far enough (you will want extra tubing on it for filling anyway).

And you are very welcome for the help. I certainly had plenty when I needed it. Thank you for the thread and the interest in our fun hobby. Please take unboxing photos when your parts arrive and then do a build-log with many pictures to show us the "red water-cooled HAF X". Get practicing with that camera. :D

Guys,
All my items from frozencpu are finally here... :D
I'll do a build log with pics as soon as my mobo gets here. I have been cleaning the RAD, checked all components for leaks and if they work fine so far so good. Just run into one problem, the Swiftech malestorm Res+pump top cap for filling in liquid isint opening :/
I dont want to put too much pressure trying to open but surely it does not open using bare fingers any advice?

I was just looking at it on Swiftech. Are you using your fingers? There is slots on top, a properly sized screwdriver should take it right off. I'm sure it has an oring, it's just tight.

Or a coin, or etc etc. Welcome to your first modding WC issue.

Thing is i am not sure if its to be popped up by pulling or it is a screwing method to be used... and i cannot find any article on this either. Their install manual does not have any mention about fill port at all.

Well i dont have any tools as such to open it, i was just trying with my fingers.... i got a screwdriver but doubt that will work? What tools would i need?

I love you man (not in a gay scene :p) coin worked fine :D

thanks a lot.

I tried to call Gabe (CEO) at Swiftech, it's Saturday and no one is at work. Sorry. Easier for me, he's one State over in California.

It screws on/off, you need to find the right thingy to do it. You'll figure it out.....................

:bang head Finally after 3 days i was able to get the Asus maximus V formula board to boot up properly and stay up. Had to perform several time BIOS updates and dis-assemble it and re-install the board and CPU etc and now finally it is working fine.... pics of build will follow soon in a new thread :)

I was referring to the top crome cap here: 2eltw7d.jpg

Awesome pic and congrats on your build. Can't wait to see the pics! I also am really interested in buying that Res/Pump (Dual Pump Housing only) pump combo. I'am kinda sick of seeing my 2x MCP-35x sitting on my intake fan area in my 800D and it would give my build a much cleaner look. From my understanding, I'd still have my 35x's pump warranty if I used that Swiftech Res.

Back