• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with new CPU fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminatez

I installed a hyper 212 cooler on my new rig.
It works normally, when heats up the fan goes faster etc.

I'm not sure if the fan is just silent but I can't hear it change speeds.
Thats not my problem though.

Problem:
I've tried using Speedfan and AMD OverDrive to change my fans speeds and none seem to change its speed at all. It stays at the normal speed (cpu temp speed).
I think my mobo is the problem. Not sure if i have to change bios settings

Specs: (NOTHING IS OC'd)
GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

AMD Sapphire 6970

Check in your BIOS for fan control settings. Generally there is a setting for smartfan/qfan/<insert name here> (check your motherboard manual). Look under the monitoring section in your BIOS for it.

Check in your BIOS for fan control settings. Generally there is a setting for smartfan/qfan/<insert name here> (check your motherboard manual). Look under the monitoring section in your BIOS for it.

Mine has that, but now what do i do with them? :\

You should turn off the smart fan settings, that should make it run at 100% I do believe, which you may be able to set with smartfan in the OS afterwards, will just depend.

If you want to control the fan speed using the MB header, i.e. NOT use a separate fan controller, you will need to have smart fan control ON. You can use the utility provided by Gigabyte to set up a custom fan profile, i believe it is called Easy Tune.

Back