• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with new gaming / general use build, $2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would chill, assemble the system, we are only a month and change away from the Ti if a PAX release is to be believed

the money saved could get you a full cover block for the Ti and an additional 240 rad completing the loop

Waiting will give yo a system that will really be cutting edge and provide the longest life

It is simply not a good idea IMO to buy a GPU this close to a launch unless they are giving them away

For the screen, look to an IPS / overclockable solution, 4K is going to make huge leaps in 2017,

Just have to think you may be disappointed with that TN screen

I had an itch that needed scratching and got some "found money"... If I don't like it I can replace it... good thing to keep in mind is I've been running a sub-par rig for years so my expectations aren't that high!

- - - Updated - - -

But I do appreciate your input and concern, don't get me wrong.

I had an itch that needed scratching and got some "found money"... If I don't like it I can replace it... good thing to keep in mind is I've been running a sub-par rig for years so my expectations aren't that high!

- - - Updated - - -

But I do appreciate your input and concern, don't get me wrong.

No sweat bro, just trying to help you out

Post up some pics man :thup:

I'm going to attempt a build thread once the parts get here... thinking leak testing the WC system for at least 24hrs, if not a week (depends on when it gets here)... I'm not one for unboxing videos, or even install videos, but I'll try to take pics as I move along.

cool,

just be sure to read the instruction on the kit front to back , it is awesome, but get the distilled water to the additive ratio correct, don't mess around with dies and you will have a rock solid loop

may want to plan a bit and order a few rotaries to help out where you have to make some tight turns

look at these , 32gb ? prolly not needed

G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB C14 (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

good luck :)

Oh I'm going by-the-book and RTFM (read the effing manual) on this one... I have the time, I have the spare rig... I built too many rigs being impatient; this time I don't have to.

I went with 32GB for future-proofing... I don't play any intense games or do any video work, but I felt like 16 was a bit light. In 3 years I'll be on the low-end, but I'll still be on the scale.

You can also sell one or both of the 1080s once the Ti comes out.

Back