• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t4smani4

IMG_0425.JPG

It's not solved [emoji23]

-I can record the screen high quality and play with excellent FPS?? Btw in battlefield 4 etc?? Help!
It's not solved [emoji23]

I deleted your duplicate 'hello/help' thread and post and moved this to General Hardware. It had no business being in the 'Console Gaming' subforum.

:welcome: to the forums. Please take the time to read the rules of the forums.

What's your actual query?

Please provide a context to your request for help. And a website link would help too.

The GTX 1030 3GB is a good budget card, but doesn't really belong with an i7 7700 IMO. If you're buying prebuilt also try to find something with an SSD in it.

Are these the specs of your current system?

And what you can't do but want to do is to be able to record the screen in high quality and to be able to play BF4 and other high end games with lots of FPS? Is this correct? Your post is kind of well, minimal, and we are trying to understand what it is you have and what it is you want.

If you are deadset on a 1060, get the 6gb version. No need to bottleneck yourself to save $20-50.

However, I recommend looking at the AMD RX480 8gb. More vram means less issues with high resolution textures, and its processing power is roughly the same as the 1060, for the same price.

I was addressing the sufficiency of 8gb or RAM in my last post. I don't know if 8 gb will be enough to do high quality screen recording but what I'm saying is you don't have any choice unless you move up to Titan X. All other cards top out at 8 gb of ram.

Have you googled your own question? I suspect you may not get a definitive answer here as you are asking about something that not all that many people want to do. It's kind of a niche thing. Maybe there's a forum dedicated to that world.

Exactly what are your trying to do anway? Are you recording game play?

Not much that my question is not about the video card... Is the computer ram (g skill etc) as those not the marks if not if with 8 gb of RAM (not the graphics card) would be fine for Play high quality

I think at this point if I am building a new computer I would get 2x8gb sticks for 16GB of RAM.

t4smani4, if you will look at post #7 and #9 you will see why I thought you were still referring to the 8gb of video RAM on the video card. You switched gears without warning. I wish you would post more complete thoughts but it seems you are posting from an iphone so I know that is more difficult to work with than a computer. Do you have access to a something besides a smart phone at this point in time?

Yes. We've gathered that.

Where are you purchasing from? What Country?
What's your budget in said country?

Are you building it yourself or buying it pre-made?

What's the purpose of the machine (although you mentioned gaming/streaming)?

Please provide more than 1 line responses otherwise we will not be able to help.

You really should get 16gb of RAM if you can possibly afford it. 2x8 gb dual channel is much cheaper than 2x4 gb. And you will eventually want 16 gb. Believe me!

If you are video streaming, More ram is ALWAYS better. This Allows your game that you stream to be at the maximum settings without dipping into the stream ram.

2x8 GB minimum. 16 Gigs, then bump to 32gigs IF you decide to get into higher than 1080P

A 1070 8gb will handle streaming @1080P Silky smooth.

After that, You are getting an I7 7700k, Which is good.

FINALLY, Trust me when I say this. Get a 240-500gb SSD and run the games you are streaming on that; Your viewers don't like loading screens just as much as we do.

Back