• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Prolimatech Megahalems / Super Mega / Gensis owners - gimme a hand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPS

I am trying to find a source for one of the "(Intel) Custom LGA775 Backplate Spacer" that comes with the Megahalems, Super Mega, and/or Genesis CPU coolers (see the accessories tab for a picture). I have contacted Prolimatech, but have yet to get a response. I have also looked at all the main distributors, i.e. ForzenCPU, SVC, Performance-PCS, Xoxide, etc, but no one seems to have these or stock these.

Does anyone know where to get these from or have a spare?

Obviously, I need it to mount an Armageddon on a LGA775 mobo...

Last edited:
They're in stock in multiple places...
FrozenCPU
Heatsink Factory

Appreciate those links, but I am not looking for the backplate - I have that. What I need is the backplate spacer.

Guess I should not have given up on Prolimatech so soon. Here is the reply I received from this this morning:

About your questions about Armageddon with LGA775, please find the answers as below.
1. Yes, you need the (Intel) LGA 775 Backplate Spacer to mount the Armageddon on a LGA775 motherboard.
2. (Intel)Spring loaded screw of Megahalems Rev C is the same as Armargeddon. However, the spring loaded screw, which Frozencpu sell is for Megahalems Rev B.
What you need is Megahalems Rev C's spring loaded screw which is same as Armageddon's spring loaded screw.

There are some differences between Megahalems Rev B and Rev C.
I. Rev B : contains Intel mounting kit only, Rev C : contains Intel and AMD mounting kit
II. Rev B contains longer (Intel) spring loaded screw; however, Rev C contains shorter (Intel) spring loaded screw. In addition, Rev B and Rev C have different Aluminum Mounting Plate.
Because Rev B and Rev C have different Intel mounting kit, Rev B can mount 120mm fan only but Rev C can mount both 120mm and 140mm fan.
http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=887&subid=948#showtab
We'll update the differences of Rev B and Rev C on our website soon.

So you need the (Intel)LGA 775 backplate spacer and the (Intel) spring loaded screw (the shorter one) for Armageddon.
We can send you the spacer and the spring loaded screw as our customer service to you.
Please offer us with your shipping address. And it normally takes around 10-14 days to ship goods from Taiwan to foreign country via registered airmail.

That is customer service folks.

I just received a small package from Prolimatech containing the Rev C mounting plate and screws to allow me to install 140mm fans on my Megahalems.

The email you received got me curious, so I went downstairs and compared the steel backplates from my Megahalems and my Armageddon. They are identical. So then I measured the little rivet nuts for the two heatsinks with my vernier caliper. They too were identical -- just under 9/16 inches (it's a really old set of calipers).

When you receive your new spring-loaded screws in about two weeks, please compare them with your original Armageddon screws. See if they are identical. If not, I'll probably need a pair myself.

I agree with you about the customer service. Just to remember, though, they are half a world away from the US, with timezones to match.

Back