• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hidden dangers of over clocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What Vishera said, Sir. I don't understand what restaurant, walk in, and over clocking have in common. :shrug:

Restaurants typically have a large walk-in cooler/freezer (for food storage). Those are large enough and have enough capacity to keep cold unlike a typical fridge or freezer.

Put your system in there, run wires outside to monitor and keyboard, happy sub ambient overclocking. ;)

Last edited:
Oh, not bad thinking. Taco didn't catch on at first. Mildly confused at times

Restaurants typically have a large walk-in cooler/freezer (for food storage). Those are large enough and have enough capacity to keep cold unlike a typical fridge or freezer.

Put your system in there, run wires outside to monitor and keyboard, happy sub ambient overclocking. ;)

You know, I wonder if you'd need a heatsink in that kind of environment?

I'm sure heatsink will still be necessary because small area of conconcentrated heat. Might get warm enough irregardless of absence of heat in the fridge room.

I'm sure heatsink will still be necessary because small area of conconcentrated heat. Might get warm enough irregardless of absence of heat in the fridge room.

That would be my thought. Just cold air probably doesn't have the thermal conductivity needed. The right size passive radiator might work, though.

Back