• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temperature FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fenix_ps3

Registered
I have a FX-6300 processor with a new Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 and it's too hot on stock frequencies to 65º.

Minimum temperature is 45º and I've seen that normal temperature with this Arctic is about 20º at minimum.

When I had a Phenom it was normal on my Asrock Extreme 4 970

Please I need your help: BUS and NB 2000MHz, LLC 1/2, 1.265V.

Fenix you cannot compare a phenom with a Fx chip. The Fx's run so much hotter then the Phenoms. A list of the system components including Case and how many fans in it would be helpful, as well as ambient temps.

Also that Freezer Pro is no match for the 6300, you need at least a 120MM HS/fan like the Hyper 212

I have a FX-6300 processor with a new Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 and it's too hot on stock frequencies to 65º.

Minimum temperature is 45º and I've seen that normal temperature with this Arctic is about 20º at minimum.

When I had a Phenom it was normal on my Asrock Extreme 4 970

Please I need your help: BUS and NB 2000MHz, LLC 1/2, 1.265V.

that seems high even for stock cooler. What is your ambient temp? Did you try to re-mount ?

that seems high even for stock cooler. What is your ambient temp? Did you try to re-mount ?

My Arctic should be sufficient if his stock cooler es sufficient.

I have seen good temps on forum with the stock cooler but I have the same problem with stock cooler and Arctic.

My Arctic is ready for i7 and FX X8, what could be the problem? what I should configure on my motherboard?

I'm going to re-iterate this for the third time in this thread:

What is your ambient temperature?

I'm going to re-iterate this for the third time in this thread:

What is your ambient temperature?

SOLVED!

OCCT don't read well my temps, I think that got the socket temperature.

Core Temp has shown correct temps.

I have 20º IDLE and 50º maximum with OC.

SOLVED!

OCCT don't read well my temps, I think that got the socket temperature.

Core Temp has shown correct temps.

I have 20º IDLE and 50º maximum with OC.

That's good, most software does show the socket temps some shows both like HWMonitor free. I didn't mean to step on a nerve but I had the arctic freezer in the past, it's a decent cooler but IMO not really enough for an FX if you really plan on working it.

How is my cooling...

didn't mean to step on a nerve but I had the arctic freezer in the past, it's a decent cooler but IMO not really enough for an FX if you really plan on working it.

This series of tests was done on socket 1156 cpu and there is no comparison to the heat put off by the FX processors to the heat from an 1156 Cpu. 1156 cpu is like the front burner on your stove. The FX processor like a 3 alarm fire in the neighborhood.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/lga-1156-heatsink,2535-14.html

We all know the Thermaltake Frio and the Noctua NH-D14 test nearly top of the pile for
air coolers on FX processors. But even they are not enough cooler for pushing FX 6 and 8 core processors hard.

So when you look at the test chart you will see down at the bottom is the Freezer7 Pro R2 and two notches up from it is the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ which is not even the better Hyper 212 EVO.

What was said in the review about the Freezer 7 Pro R2.
Copied:
Note that Arctic Cooling’s Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 reaches an astounding 82 degrees Celsius over-ambient temperature with our highly overclocked processor. This is not a typo! We were forced to drop the lab temperature to a chilly 11 degrees Celsius to complete its evaluation.
End Copy.

Not a snowballs chance in southern Florida for the Freezer 7 Pro R2 to handle the heat put off by an FX processor when it was not able to deal with a socket 1156 Intel Processor.
RGone...ster.

Hahaha Rgone I like the odds of a snowballs chance in southern Florida :mad: a lot better then trying to overclock an FX with that cooler.^^:bang head

Where is your stock cooler? try that one.

Last edited:
My Arctic should be sufficient if his stock cooler es sufficient.

I have seen good temps on forum with the stock cooler but I have the same problem with stock cooler and Arctic.

My Arctic is ready for i7 and FX X8, what could be the problem? what I should configure on my motherboard?

That cooler is about $17.99 for a reason. Its got a 92 mm fan! 120 mm is the minimum. 140 mm is probably the norm for a good cooler for a six or eight core.

Back