• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temperatures FX 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nicklo

Registered
Hello.

I have a problem with temperatures on fx 6300. Thermal paste has been replaced, bios updated, flow in case is fine. On all default bios settings temperature reaches 71/72 in 2 minute prime test. When I increase the multiplier to 4.2 and voltage by 0,050 with cool&quiet, svm, etc. turned off and only hpc enabled it's 79 degrees. From what I've read in many topics on many forums it's quite a strange situation. Some people pulled out on stock cooling without any problem 4.2 with much lower temperatures, and in my case even on the constant 3.8 without turbo it's 68 degrees, any ideas ?

cooling on cpu - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silentium-SPC144-Fera-3-he1224-V2-PROCESSOR-FAN/dp/B01C0L60KU
case - 1 fan back + 1 fan front

Hello.

I have a problem with temperatures on fx 6300. Thermal paste has been replaced, bios updated, flow in case is fine. On all default bios settings temperature reaches 71/72 in 2 minute prime test. When I increase the multiplier to 4.2 and voltage by 0,050 with cool&quiet, svm, etc. turned off and only hpc enabled it's 79 degrees. From what I've read in many topics on many forums it's quite a strange situation. Some people pulled out on stock cooling without any problem 4.2 with much lower temperatures, and in my case even on the constant 3.8 without turbo it's 68 degrees, any ideas ?

cooling on cpu - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silentium-SPC144-Fera-3-he1224-V2-PROCESSOR-FAN/dp/B01C0L60KU
case - 1 fan back + 1 fan front

Something is wrong, my FX8350's don't go over 40c when I run Prime95 or F@H, but then I'm using V6GT coolers by CoolerMaster. That cooler you have even though it says it's good for up to 180W is not cutting it in my opinion , see if you can get a MA610P RGB CPU Air Cooler, 6 CDC Heatpipes, Dual 120mm RGB MasterFan , it has same number of heatpipes as my V6GT coolers, it should cool better.

That cooler looks like the budget hyper 212 evo... decent, but not great. Did you try to repaste and remount the heatsink?

Case airflow may be an issue... you have one intake and one exhaust. Not a lot of flow. We assume the front is intake and the rear exhaust? What are your room temps?

I bought one additional fan and I need to pick it today.
Temperature in room ~22
That's how it looks like - Y3yIdRh.jpg

Well it inferred once. Was wondering if you did it again and checked the bbn paste spread under the heatsink.

I applied thermal paste again to be sure it is ok. Photos from hwinfo on default bios settings.
9ZZTkVb.png 2mo4szl.png

Do you have the same temperature problem with the case as it's shown in your picture, or only when all the panels are on? If it's overheating like that, another fan won't help. Maybe the temp sensor is bad? Did the problem suddenly occur on a rig you've had for a while or did you just get it?

With panel - 68, without - 64 degrees on default bios settings(3.5+ turbo to 4.1). Well, I have this computer for like 5 years, bought cooler like 3 months ago and then I tried to do oc. I had freq on 4.1(didn't care about temps) and after problems with fps in cs go I set it at 4.2, then appeared blue screens, raised voltages and then I saw temperatures. I was surprised when people had like max 55 degrees at 4.2.

Probably dumb question but did you plug the cooler fan on the motherboard and if so are you sure it's working as it should ? check BIOS settings for curve.

I was surprised when people had like max 55 degrees at 4.2.
So....... is there anything really wrong with your temperatures? Upper 60s isn't acceptable for that CPU? What are your load volts?

I don't know that generation of AMD well. I do know comparing tempertures against others that don't have the exact same system (down to the case and fans, and ambient temp) is an excersise in futility. What did that guy test with? What cooler? What ambient? Etc? Too many variables to compare to any other system but yours.

Probably dumb question but did you plug the cooler fan on the motherboard and if so are you sure it's working as it should ? check BIOS settings for curve.

Yes, I did it.

Do you think it is normal ? faOVP8H.png

4.2, voltage 0,050+ and 2 cores stopped, 0,025+ - instant bluescreen

FX *3** maximum safe temp is 62c, so definitely not ok... another dumb question, did you take the sticker that usually comes on the bottom of the cooler ?

I am going to pick up fan and then gonna install cooler again. I will let you know.

Do it with so that the cooler is vertical the entire time. Don't mount it while the heatsink is horizontal to the gorund.

Also, please post a picture (host here at the site) of the thermal paste spread.

That heatsink should be able to handle the 6300 just fine. Something is wrong, I'm in agreement with ED. Recheck the mount, the 212 can be tricky to mount at times.

Back