• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temperatures FX 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright, so idle temperatures are better 40-43, but not that good in stress 66-67, default bios settings, cooler is tightly screwed. Disk format may have an impact ? I guess I will do it.

As requested earlier, please host the images here. The link will be dead and the thread will not be (as) helpful when that happens.

That is a lot of paste...

Also, what is that circle on both the base of the heatsink and top of the processor?

Looks like you have way too much paste on it.

Additionally I would make sure the spacers you are using when mounting are universal for AMD and Intel applications. Maybe one is longer then another? Is the bottom bracket under the motherboard the correct way? I'm just looking for any answers.

Last edited:
what I'm seeing at first glance is the vcore on auto.
let's try manual and 1.25 on the vcore with a 3.5 clock and see what happens.
there is an oval in the pics of the thermal paste, both on the bottom of the heatsink and top of the cpu, what's up with that?
that is a lot of paste, but I have laid it on myself more than once.

Hmm.. nice idea from you. I didn't even notice that there are 2 types spacers, but I chose right one :[ For me everything looks correct. Also I have reconnected all plugs.
Additional photo from behind BXuuG76.jpg

I can't change voltage directly to 1.25, I can set by 0.025.
I increased by 0.050, all default except turbo off, only 3.5 - GxoJXzO.png

Do you have the stock heatsink still, try using it and see whats up. Have you tried re applying the TIM using a lot less?
Read this article on Tim application for the CM 212. It has exposed heat pipes like the heatsink you are using. I'd try using the stock cooler first and see if it makes a difference. Something is not right, the Cpu shouldn't be getting that hot with that little voltage.

Last edited:
Yes, I have.

I'm gonna mount it tomorrow and let you know.

Last edited:
Ok at stock settings the stock heatsink should keep it cooler then where you are now.

I couldn't wait. Default bios settings.
Market cooler - idle 25 - stress 63
Stock cooler - idle 25 - stress 61 HAHA ??

Way too much paste! Clean it all off both surfaces and start over.

Here's how we do it. Clean the two contact surfaces with a cloth or tissue or paper coffee filter. Clean the bulk of it off with a dry wipe and then finish it with the wiper moistened with rubbing alcohol.

Place one dollup of paste (a little bigger than a BB but smaller than a green pea).

Don't try to spread the dollup. Don't try to spread the dollup. Don't try to spread the dollup.

Bolt the cooler base on, tightening the mounting screws in an X pattern a little at a time. (one turn for each screw with each repeat of the X pattern). The mounting pressure will spread the paste evenly if you do it this way and without creating a thick layer of goo that insulates the parts.

Remove the plastic sticker from the HS. As what Kenrou said, take the sticker off the cooler.
another dumb question, did you take the sticker that usually comes on the bottom of the cooler off ?

lableHS.jpg

As you can see here, I have a cooler that I have not used yet and there is a plastic lable that needs to be removed before use.
DSCN0754_.JPG

Last edited:
Woooooooooooow. BRILLIANT catch there!!!

I bet that sticker says remove me as well also!

At least it was just that. :)

I did it two days ago but I didn't reply, thank you very much for help guys. I was sure that there wasn't any sticker... I went to 4.5. Thank you !

So to be clear, the sticker was left on and when you pulled it off the temps dropped?

Back