• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home depot trip! help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Ok well im going to home depot sometime and i need to pick up some stuff

Right now i need some more renforced dremel cut off discs, metal drill bits (that can go through metal, steel that is), acrylic and some screw things o and mesh.

What are these screw things that are holding the window called?

11-156-139-07.JPG

they like just go into the hole, and you put a nut around it on the inside of the case i guess, whats it called? does home depot sell em?

And do they have the molding for windows?

http://xoxide.com/thickmolding.html

like that stuff or whatever?

and what size drill bits do i need for those screw things for the window?

do they sell any handles that i can use on my case?

thanx

btw they DO sell acrylic there right? how big are the sheets?

edit: i also need mesh!! like the cool mesh like the mesh on the bottom of the case in this pic

Case2.jpg

does home depot sell all that? how much would all that be?

nah, thats what i thought, but i looked and there bolts or somethin

The bolts you are talking about i think are hex head with rounded tops. All you really need to know is the hex head. Then you find the one you want from the selection. Hardware stores usually have pictures on the front of the boxes of bolts.

or you just use regular bolts, the 1/2 inches one, they comes out pretty nice IMO :) looks a little different from everyone else, the alyric is expensive at HD, but that's about the only place that's available (also at lowes), you'll have to measure the demention first before you come in, they'll cut it out for you. molding are at the auto shop stores, they are a bit more expensive than the one you posted, i think it's 4 bucks for 2 tripe, the stripe are 1.5' to 2', and they have chrome, blue, black, mix, and every color you can imagine, the chrome one looks nice, but it'll be quack on any case, get black if it maches your case.

For the mesh, try looking in the Home Depot roofing department. I am not sure if it is the exact mesh in the case though. You did say Home Depot and it's all I could think of to mimic the look the case pic had.
It comes in rolls of few feet in the width of a gutter. Pretty cheap too $3 or so. For some projects it may be enough. Warning it is flimsy. They may have higher grades?
But you can look for expanded aluminum if this don't suite your needs.

If I were looking to go for mesh, I would look in either the roofing or you might have better luck in the insulation section. A lot of time the meshes there are sturdier than what you find for the roofing details. Also, just as a suggestion you might want to consider using flywheel nuts instead of regular ones, easier to remove when you are bolting things together, just an idea.

good idea about the fly wheel nuts, hmmmm

well the mesh doesnt have to be all that strong i dont think, im just gonna put it in the door and like how it is in that pic, but i dont wanna be able to push it in and bend it to easily

ok well the things i was (screw/bolt things) would be in the bolts section right?

hmm i need velcro or foram double stick tape and crap for stealthin my drives (i have velcro for fabric and i used some awsome super glue stuff but the velcro is kinda weak)

so i need new velco or double stick tape, would it be better to get it at homedepot or walmart?

i found this velcro thing at HD but its 19 bucks lol

I think at Wal-mart, craft section, they have industrial strength velcro for like $5, it shows that it is able to hold a candy jar underneath the kitchen cabinet, but I have never tried it yet.

Back