• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Honest answer about ATI for an Nvidia guy please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a pretty conceited point of view. It's not a matter of price so much as it is a matter of practicality. If I WANTED to spend $1000 in video cards I could but I could also use that money better elsewhere. Remember the old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted". Steve Ballmer could afford any car he wanted, but did he drive a Rolls Phantom or a Bugatti Veyron? No, he drives a 1998 Lincoln Continental.
Love those Lincoln's!

In fairness, he (probably) bought it new and paid cash (what 40k?), now how many people in the 99% can do THAT? :rofl: (just having some fun here, dont take that seriously at all! I COMPLETELY agree with you! :thup:)

Post up some rig shots when you get it!!!

Easy Chance... :grouphug: :bday:

@ ChanceCoats123
thanks for clarifying, i meant to say that even thou i cant just go nuts and buy
Asus Mars II+3960k+RE4 X79+1TB RevoDrive and spend $5000+ on my pc, i can still buy nice hardware and not everyone can say the same, so i consider myself more fortunate than some of the others, its important to always remember that there are less fortunate people out there and not judge people based on how much they can spend on hardware like someone :chair: is doing in this thread

I've always liked Nvidia, only because i learned the driver coding early on and can modify as needed. Since AMD bought ATI i have really only tested a few cards and the drivers were buggy on the dual GPU cards, but since AMD has really stepped up to the plate and i have started using them in clients builds.
My next gen of cards are gonna be AMD, and if nvidia comes big with keplar ill throw those in a build and see how they stack up. Each has advantages and disadvantages, physX can still be had using ATI cards though putting that software up for DL would probably get me slapped with a lawsuit lol. But physX should not be the sole reason for a purchase.

Are you serious? You would pay more for a worse card just because you want Nvidia? Please stop trolling and go hang out in the Nvidia forum. He, and every other member on the forum (you included) can spend their money however they wish. He chose to spend it wisely and get great bang his buck. If you want to waste yours, go nuts.

Calm down bro! :chair:.

Happy for OP, but i hope he doesn't regret his decision :D.

Back