• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Hope I didnt mess something up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrsj77

Registered
Yea I just bought me a hyper 212 plus and temps have been fine up until

today, I noticed my mb temps at idle have went from 29°C -30°C to now like

34°C-36°C they are actually higher than my cpu now? I did mess around and

try out overclocking a little I just hope I didn't mess my board up here is a

screenie I hope its maybe just a bad sensor and that I didn't fry anything

Notice my package temps are way low wtf maybe this board just gives

inaccurate readings Untitled.jpg

While gaming the mb temp stays at 35°C and the CPU temp is at 40°C and package temps at like 21-22°C thats lower than the ambient temp in my room for the core temps plus it shows max core temp to be 244°C max ? I wonder if its an issue with these amd 990 boards, where they give false readings all the time

Well I had a similar problem recently with mine...

Don't try calling Asus support, they don't offer technical support for overclocking, unless you have a ROG or something. Even if you point out that your problem isn't directly related to OC process, but more about board readings - they won't care anyway.

What did work for me was simply to stop using OC profiles to save and load my settings. So, if you're using OC profiles, here's my advice :

-If needed, write your settings down somewhere, or take pictures, or something.
-Revert to default using the F5 key, then Save default settings over any profile you saved before.
-Shut down the system, remove CMOS battery, and clear CMOS using the jumper. Please do refer to your Mobo's manual if you don't know how it's done.
-Boot up, then launch monitoring softwares to ensure everything is back to normal : CPU clock to default; Vcore, temps, back to where they were before you started OCing.
-Don't use OC profiles for the rest of the OC'ing process. Write settings down when needed. If after a couple of days everything is still reading fine, then you had the same problem I had. If that is the case, then don't ever use OC profiles again.

Good luck!

Well I had a similar problem recently with mine...

Don't try calling Asus support, they don't offer technical support for overclocking, unless you have a ROG or something. Even if you point out that your problem isn't directly related to OC process, but more about board readings - they won't care anyway.

What did work for me was simply to stop using OC profiles to save and load my settings. So, if you're using OC profiles, here's my advice :

-If needed, write your settings down somewhere, or take pictures, or something.
-Revert to default using the F5 key, then Save default settings over any profile you saved before.
-Shut down the system, remove CMOS battery, and clear CMOS using the jumper. Please do refer to your Mobo's manual if you don't know how it's done.
-Boot up, then launch monitoring softwares to ensure everything is back to normal : CPU clock to default; Vcore, temps, back to where they were before you started OCing.
-Don't use OC profiles for the rest of the OC'ing process. Write settings down when needed. If after a couple of days everything is still reading fine, then you had the same problem I had. If that is the case, then don't ever use OC profiles again.

Good luck!
Wow maybe you hit the nail on the head, I did create one oc profile in AISuite let me try this out i'll post back

Good, I'll keep an eye out! :)

Also, it is advised to OC directly in BIOS. OC'ing through software in OS environment may create similar problems.

Good, I'll keep an eye out! :)

Also, it is advised to OC directly in BIOS. OC'ing through software in OS environment may create similar problems.
well it dropped the reading some I really don't know if it helped, we shall see? still have retarded readings from core temp and cpuid. Here are my temps at idle nope.jpg

I'm also wondering if my ambient temps have something to do with my mb temps,

because it seems my room has went down 2° F and so has my mb ? I was at 81°F( yea its hot here in FL ) now its at 79°F

Well as long as you use AI Suite to OC in OS there's no help I can offer. Not that I don't want to, but OCing through OS has been known to cause those kind of issues - as well as many other.

My problem was only with the Turbo Multiplier not reading correctly after I changed it, back when I was using a basic OC profile in Bios to start with and build on. Everything else was always on par. This would happen when I would boot more than a couple of times using the same multiplier but different settings. Then when I would change the multi to try a different OC, I couldn't have it read correctly in monitoring softwares.

Yours seems to be all over the place. I would blame the OS OCing first, disable all settings made in OS, clear CMOS, OC with the Bios... and only then I would check for a board problem if the issue persisted. As a matter of fact, I personally do not even install AI Suite.

Well it seems that adding a side 120mm fan helped bring my idle temps back down, I'm starting to wonder if I just didn't have good enough air coming into my case since I replaced my intake and exhaust fans at the same time I

put in this new cooler, they were 2000rpm 120mm fans, but I switched to a pair of 1000rpm silent coolermasters. So what I did was take my old exhaust 120mm and stuck it on the side as another intake, so maybe just not

enough airflow? so far, so good. Ambient temps havn't changed much at all 79-80°F right now.Here are my new idle temps. Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Back