• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*HOT HOT* X1800XL 512mb @ ZZF $199 shipped - FLASH TO X1800XT!! (BACK Ordered)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
g0dM@n said:
I'm angry I didn't get a 2nd... I was REALLY debating on it, and when I finally decided to go for it, it was OOS that same day.

Still, I'm happy... I'm really thinking about selling my XTX still... cuz I don't game enough.

So I got as far as 675/775 on stock 3d volts stable... didn't push more, but 700/800 doesn't work on stock volts cuz it crashes... I have to try something in-between, but even 675/775 makes me happeh! And this was all stable on a Thermaltake 430w psu!!!!

You may want to take a look at the amperage that card draws under load, the TR2 has a rating of 18A on the 12 volt and my 1800xt (sapphire) pulls 30+A under load. So that said your PSU may be limiting your OC.

For the record I have a AN8 / 3200 system running on a TR2 and a c3d x800gto flashed to 16 pipes and overclocked in my second rig. Seemed it did better in my primary system with a Enermax Liberty when it came to the OC.

zPacKRat said:
You may want to take a look at the amperage that card draws under load, the TR2 has a rating of 18A on the 12 volt and my 1800xt (sapphire) pulls 30+A under load. So that said your PSU may be limiting your OC.

For the record I have a AN8 / 3200 system running on a TR2 and a c3d x800gto flashed to 16 pipes and overclocked in my second rig. Seemed it did better in my primary system with a Enermax Liberty when it came to the OC.
I'm not at much of an OC limit b/c those clocks I said were at stock volts, which is pretty good! :D

Anyways, I have a replacement PSU I will be using...
Thermaltake 500W 14a and 15a dual rail... I'm thinking that may be low, but we'll see.

zPacKRat said:

My X1800XL and X1900XT pull the same amperage according to ATI Tool and surely the X1900XT draws much much more power then the X1800XL.

If you want some figures to run off of, the X1800XL draws rougly 85-90Watts and the X1900XT draws roughly 125-130Watts (in my case it would be less since im running lower then stock voltage). The X1800XT if not mistaken draws roughly 110-115Watts.

g0dM@n said:
I'm not at much of an OC limit b/c those clocks I said were at stock volts, which is pretty good! :D

Anyways, I have a replacement PSU I will be using...
Thermaltake 500W 14a and 15a dual rail... I'm thinking that may be low, but we'll see.

So you have yet to flash it to an xt bios? what are you waiting for let er rip.

my first card does about 650/810 on stock but my 2nd card does a disappointing 675/720. changing mem volt doesn't seem to do anything. even if i upped mem volt on either atitool or overclocker, it still gives major artifacting when setting mem pass 730.

anyone know if mem volt changes actually works?

ManOfKnight said:
Newegg has the 512MB x1800xt for $239 now...

I missed the 199 for the x1800xl and decided to spend the 40 now instead of waiting...

look again...its a 256MB card.

SteveLord said:
Thermaltake PSUs...(and most of their products in general) stink. =\
I like my Soprano case alot!!! and the TR2 is an OK PSU for an average computer.

You get what you pay for, nothing more... to say they stink is a bit harsh compared to the cheap hardware out there that actually does stink. like the 500 watt psu that comes with the cheap under 20 dollar case!!!

Well... I saw the refurb 512 for $239... maybe he saw that.

just installed it

but the resolution gets freaky and the highest resolution i can do is 1600x1200

this is from Catalyst Control Center

Display Data Channel : Not Supported

Display Name : Not Supported

Maximum reported res : Not Supported

Maximum reported refresh rate : Not Supported

on a 24" CRT (Sony FW900)

gay :bang head

out of stock...and this is within a half hour of nade's post.

you sure it was in stock? damn...

SteveLord said:
out of stock...and this is within a half hour of nade's post.

you sure it was in stock? damn...
Absolutely. I was thinking about pm'ing somebody to let them know. Man that disappeared real quick!

My guess would be :-
  1. Either they goofed or
  2. They ran out super quick or
  3. There are more lying in some remote warehouse and the SKU will be updated to reflect this.
I would keep a look-out nevertheless. The same thing happened when Sapphire x850xt's were on sale.

and i have been checking ZZF EVERY day like 10x a day... looks like I missed it :( :(

I'm quite sure I saw it because I checked with both ff and IE after clearing the cache. Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a browser trick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back