• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I improve my airflow/temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InvisGreenMan

I have a Lian Li PC65B with:
1 - 80mm exhaust
Fortron PSU w/ 2 80mm in a straight line array
1 - 80mm blowhole
2 - 80mm intakes
1 - Zalman 70mm fan @ 12V on GPU cooler

CPU:
Thermalright SP-94 (lapped to 1500 grit)
92mm Tornado @ 7V

Temps Idle:
Case - 25C- 27C
CPU - 36C - 37C
Sensor 3 (think it is N/B) - 27C - 28C

Temps Load:
Case - 30C- 32C
CPU - 46C - 48C (side panel off - 40C - 42C)
Sensor 3 (think it is N/B) - 27C - 28C

I have a panaflow H1A and a vantec 92mm stealth. Is there anywhere that I can incorperate these to my benefit? I have the panaflow strapped onto the 20pin ATX right in front on the 5.25" drive bays, but I don't think it's doing anything there...

This is what the case looks like... Case

thanks

P.S. The fan grills ARE cut out, and ALL the cables are sleeved and routed nicely. The HDD is in the bottom cage closest to the windowed side.

Lian-Li PC-6x case cooling sucks in stock form (this is coming from a PC-6078 owner). In stock form my nonoverclocked case temps were like a horrid 11C over ambient - which seems similar to your current situation. I would suggest at the very least replacing the stock intake fans with higher cfm models.

I actually left the stock intake fans on my 6078, and instead replaced the two exhaust fans with 36cfm models and modded the side panel window with two 80mm fan mounts. I put two more 36cfm fans intake, one over the CPU and one over the vidcard (this was back when I was still using aircooling).

As for using the fans you have on hand... unless you mod your case or case window to fit these fans, it's hard to implement an effective cooling solution as there aren't really any other mounts or places you can put them.

I would put the HDD under the floppy cage on a bracket and remove the lower HDD cage. It looks like you have room in the rear for a 2nd 80mm exhaust.Increase the top blow hole to 120mm too. My nickles worth.:D

this is great advice as i just bought that same case, and had the same question

Arch, I tried removing the HDD cage before I posted this thread. It does absolutely nothing for temps. :-/

Thanks so for guys...anyone else have suggestions?

Back