• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I make the Reserator a good cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been using the Zalman Reserator for a while and I like it for its silent operation. Lately my priorities have changed from silence to performance. Is there any way to make a more effective cooler out of this? I did find that if I lay a 120mm fan on top my temps drop about 4C, although this only brings them down to ~50C at load. I was thinking of rigging up 4 120mm fans to blow at it from each angle, or even sticking the entire unit in my beer fridge. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can make this perform much better?

CPU Q9650
GTX 980
Temp max 29° in game
20181114-082908.jpg
20180829_194605.thumb.jpg.75a8d2a2ad5c35acce5840355a3c99fa.jpg

The reserator was designed for quiet and convenience, not cooling performance, with all respect to Zalman they get stuck on and idea and refuse to let it go, their dinosaur heatpipe circular designed air coolers are a prime example, ever try to lap the bottom of one!

If you want cooling performance go with a custom loop period.

Back