• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How close should I be to the Tj. Max under load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Truculent

First time overclocker, I'm getting 75 Celsius with prime 95 blender test and my Tj. Max is 80 Celsius. Is that okay?

No, it's not ok. AMD's spec is 70c before potential damage to the processor occurs.
You need to be below 62c, which is the recommended max temp.

No, it's not ok. AMD's spec is 70c before potential damage to the processor occurs.
You need to be below 62c, which is the recommended max temp.

Thanks, 1 more question while you are here. I've got the mhz and voltages where I want them but I keep hearing about bus speed. Should I mess with that too, also how would I go about doing that?

Moved to AMD CPUs since this is about AMD CPUs. :)

Overclocking Guide - See the Bulldozer overclocking guide linked in my signature.

THERMTRIP is 85c (core temps) on most FX processors. Damage will not occur as the board will simply shut off to protect your processor.

High voltage is a transistor killer however which can easily spike a temp beyond thermtrip and will damage the processor.

You will likely lose stability at 60c and higher while overclocking on the socket (cpu temp). (( If you are using HWMonitor for temps))

Thanks, 1 more question while you are here. I've got the mhz and voltages where I want them but I keep hearing about bus speed. Should I mess with that too, also how would I go about doing that?

Normally people will discourage against oc'ing with the bus. It effects to many things at once and can make troubleshooting instability difficult. Just use the multi. Unless A) You know what you're doing or B) someone who knows what they're doing tells you too.

Normally people will discourage against oc'ing with the bus. It effects to many things at once and can make troubleshooting instability difficult. Just use the multi. Unless A) You know what you're doing or B) someone who knows what they're doing tells you too.

Well I don't really know what I'm doing so ill just keep it as is. Thanks!

Meh if you are going to use only multi, buy an intel K series.

Get some experience and use that reference clock. It's unlocked for a reason and it's not for leaving it at 200..... :D

Back