• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i know if my cpu is ESD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you shoud try the linux im using now becase your cursor flashes dissappear when not moving.

Download Linux Mint 13 Maya mate 64bit for desktop, just to make shure it was not the os you were using.
http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

i know it will be the same because it does not have graphics drivers. i was using cinnamon btw, thats the linux im familiar with :) i tried playing xmoto and it worked just fine, same with programs like disc utility and firefox =)

i know it will be the same because it does not have graphics drivers. i was using cinnamon btw, thats the linux im familiar with :) i tried playing xmoto and it worked just fine, same with programs like disc utility and firefox =)
OK then i still suspect it's the motherboard. Is it stable in BIOS screen. Is there a BIOS update you can install.

OK then i still suspect it's the motherboard. Is it stable in BIOS screen. Is there a BIOS update you can install.

what do you mean by stable in bios screen? no, i have the latest bios. what do you think could have happen'd to the motherboard ?

what do you mean by stable in bios screen? no, i have the latest bios. what do you think could have happen'd to the motherboard ?

Does your mouse lockup in BIOS. Things some times just fail that is what warranties are fore.

Maybe throw in your dvd (or thumbdrive) and try to do a repair..? Sounds like something in that neighbourhood, or maybe a memory issue.

Maybe throw in your dvd (or thumbdrive) and try to do a repair..? Sounds like something in that neighbourhood, or maybe a memory issue.

well, i have tried the windows dvd and choose repair, no good.. but, i had a bluescreen a while before this started (kernel power id 41 i think). and recently my pc have been complaining about some sata drivers. but the reason why i don't think that may be it is because i tried another hard drive with the same OS (2.5" platter drive) and the same problem appears there. but i use the same drivers on that hdd as i use now. so i don't know.... i will call the store tomorrow and ask if i can send it in for diagnostic testing. they shold find out and i hope warranty should cover the expenses?

this also happend once

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-31-14-23-40.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-31-14-23-40.png
    338 KB · Views: 35
I had a degraded CPU that I overclocked start doing that after a year running 24/7.

After seeing that post with the stretched video lines, it's quite possible you have a flawed cpu, that is the only time I had graphic screen exactly like that in games, only afte playing for some amount of time.

I had a degraded CPU that I overclocked start doing that after a year running 24/7.

After seeing that post with the stretched video lines, it's quite possible you have a flawed cpu, that is the only time I had graphic screen exactly like that in games, only afte playing for some amount of time.

my cpu is almost fresh, and i do now have a overclock of 4.675 Ghz on it(i did not have that when that pic was taken. it did only happen once, never after that. from what i did find out in another tread after posting this is that it was a bad overclock on my gpu. have never happen'd after i did reset all ajustments. i was just curious if anybody had it and if they was good for a while but got it back again. but it may be true what you say in many cases =)

Usually when you have a bad overclock with a GPU it freezes, or pixel distortions. With your picture you have plotting distortion coming from the CPU if you look carfuly at the picture you can see that there is continues symmetrical repeating lines and boxes that come form the CPU usually.

The CPU does the plotting of the picture.

Usually when you have a bad overclock with a GPU it freezes, or pixel distortions. With your picture you have plotting distortion coming from the CPU if you look carfuly at the picture you can see that there is continues symmetrical repeating lines and boxes that come form the CPU usually.

The CPU does the plotting of the picture.
I have to disagree with this...I have seen similar artifacting before, with the symptoms you describe, and it was resolved by a driver/GPU in some way. I highly doubt this is a CPU issue, but will admit Im not certain.

Best to talk about this in the GPU thread though..no? :thup:

im going to RMA the whole pc for troubleshooting&diagnosis, i will post results here for those who are interested & for ppl in the future who have similar problems. thank you all so far, i really like this forum!

No problem, definitely get back with the results i'm curious?:popcorn:

i've been meditating while waiting on confirmation for RMA, and i found out this has to be some i/o hiccup! usb mouse is hiccuping, and the game i was hiccuping in is placed on a certain harddisc(SATA), same harddisc contains the movie that was hiccuping.also like i said it have been complaining about crashing sata drivers... but, i haven't seen this on my g27 or xbox controller. battlefield 3 was not hiccuping anymore(at least i don't notice it last time i played), it have been on primary harddisc(ssd) the whole time, and it feels like it stopped hiccuping. same with the ETS 2, when i moved it to my ssd i cant tell if hiccup anymore, only lag sometimes(it's not multiplayer so no network problem). now its only usb's and sata's who hiccup.... so this makes me almost sure it have to be mobo, right? in that case, do you think it is physical or logical? correct me if there are any fails in my text, my english are not good...

and, would one of you PLEASE take a look at my other problem? http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718818

Last edited:
i've been meditating while waiting on confirmation for RMA, and i found out this has to be some i/o hiccup! usb mouse is hiccuping, and the game i was hiccuping in is placed on a certain harddisc(SATA), same harddisc contains the movie that was hiccuping.also like i said it have been complaining about crashing sata drivers... but, i haven't seen this on my g27 or xbox controller. battlefield 3 was not hiccuping anymore(at least i don't notice it last time i played), it have been on primary harddisc(ssd) the whole time, and it feels like it stopped hiccuping. same with the ETS 2, when i moved it to my ssd i cant tell if hiccup anymore, only lag sometimes(it's not multiplayer so no network problem). now its only usb's and sata's who hiccup.... so this makes me almost sure it have to be mobo, right? in that case, do you think it is physical or logical? correct me if there are any fails in my text, my english are not good...

and, would one of you PLEASE take a look at my other problem? http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718818

Does your cursor still pause for a split second now? if it does i'm leaning toward the USB/SATA motherboard again. I'm not a 100% sure.

Does your cursor still pause for a split second now? if it does i'm leaning toward the USB/SATA motherboard again. I'm not a 100% sure.

yes, but i tought it was the mouse since it was like this before on my old computer, but now i am suspecting io...would it mean i will need a new mobo?

Back