• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long before Nehalem is available and affordable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
very true...but i speculate the guy posing the Q isnt just gonna be using it for internet browsing and such...and the fact he was talking about buying a hig end cpu like Nahalem i assume he wants it for something rather demanding.

i was talking with a guy that does R&D for professional Audio Computers, and he indicated he STILL hasn't recieved any Nehalem samples from Intel. He mentioned he usually recieves them MONTHS in advance, but nada so far. Due to this, I'm also thinking early '09...

:cool:

i was talking with a guy that does R&D for professional Audio Computers, and he indicated he STILL hasn't recieved any Nehalem samples from Intel. He mentioned he usually recieves them MONTHS in advance, but nada so far. Due to this, I'm also thinking early '09...

:cool:

Could be, but I think the chips are ready, the mobos are what's holding it up I bet.

Sorry but I diodn't mis quote you competely thideras because what you said is not the same as what Shiggity said becaus you said that it was out at all and shiggity said it was.

Sorry but I diodn't mis quote you competely thideras because what you said is not the same as what Shiggity said becaus you said that it was out at all and shiggity said it was.
I'm confused now, you said that I said it wasn't coming out anytime soon, that is incorrect. I said it wasn't out *now* ;)

Core i7 will be out as soon as September for ~5x the price of Deneb, not including the change of mobo or DDR3. It will be affordable mid 2009, assuming AMD comes out with higher clocked Denebs (~3.2Ghz+).

Core i7 will probably be worth the HUGE cost if you can afford it though so start saving now. It will be like making a down payment on a car. A QX9775 is $1,549.99 on Newegg.com right now so use your imagine as to how much Core i7 will be. Even the mainstream variants won't be less than $400-$500 probably. The only and most important aspect of Core i7 is that it will be ballz fast...

The core i7 is going to follow the same price pattern, IMo. They will have out the extreme edition models and high end models for 500 -1000$+ then sometime during mid 09 some affordable models. Rumor is however they will probably want to get into the 300 -400$ early if AMD actually can compete with penryn based processors at higher frequencies so if AMD release good clocking 45nm phenoms expect intel to lower prices as soon as they could.

Nehalem will be relatively affordable right from launch, since the 2.66GHz model will cost $284. That said, X58 mobos + DDR3 won't be cheap, so the platform cost will be quite high.

I have only started reading about this technology, have you guys seen any information in relation to overclocking these bad boys ?

Will it all be locked down giving us no oppurtunity to overclock? Curious...

"Integrated graphics processor (IGP) located off-die, but in the same CPU package."

Back